Rolling Road Day TAKE 2 @ AMD Essex - 26th April - 2015

I'm thinking of reverting back to my standard turbo and reconfiguring the boost settings. If I do then I'll want to get it on the rollers again to check how it's fueling. If we can get onto a decent dyno that is willing to do it then I'm in.

I usually use Surrey Rolling Road (now situated in Hampshire) but I hear Eurospec is good too. Could be worth looking into?

Not keen on this dyno as its random on its figures.
They have to set the rpm manually and this effects the power figures.... It's almost impossible to get the car to exactly 2000rpm repeatedly and your figures will vary as a result.

Giving this Thread a bump, I dont mind helping organise if Alex not able to ?

Sorry people. i'm still here! just emailed AMD for available dates for March onwards so will put the reply on here once i get it :)

Reactions: Sandra
Right email has come in from AMD - please see below

The deposit is something new but i do agree with this as the last times this has been done people commit but never show up which is very annoying! (sorry to be blunt but AMD have had the same experience as below email states)

I think the best way would be to take a payment through pay pal like we did last time in advance and i can pay them upfront - also making sure people turn up.

Can everyone let me know a date from March onwards they could make and ill get things rolling!! :)

"Good Morning Alex,

We run Rolling Road days on Sundays only, the minimum requirement is 12 cars (max of 35) and the price is £35 per car for 2 runs with a laminated print out. Our usual price for rolling road runs is £72.00 inc vat. We always put on free tea, coffee and biscuits but if you have a guaranteed over 20 cars we also put on a free BBQ too. If it rains we BBQ in the workshop, so nice hot food whatever the weather.

We do require a deposit of £200.00 or a £500 deposit for 20 cars plus.

The deposit is fully refundable until the 12pm on the Friday before the rolling road day. This is something we have had to implement as we have had a few clubs promising 20-30 cars and only 4/5 arriving. As I am sure you can understand we need to avoid this happening as we open especially on a Sunday to host the rolling road days and get staff in on their day off to run the day.

It may be advisable to take payment or part payment from club members who intend to attend to cover the deposit.

Dates we cannot offer at the moment are the following

· 3rd of April,

· 17th of April,

· 1st of May,

· 8th of May,

· 30th of May

(there are further dates but we will be doing this before May!!)

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Regards,

AmD Tuning (Essex)Ltd.

Reactions: Essexman
March 6th ? it is mothers day, but we can all see our mums after lol ?, If not, how about march 13th ?, How does £15 deposit from each person sound ?, im ready to pay mine as soon as you like, just give us your paypal email address to pay it to (for you to forward to AMD when that pot reaches min 200) (13 people) not limited too

Would it be worth putting a link of this thread into the main A3/S3 forum ? as people might want to attend but not even click on this section

Could aim for Sunday 10th April - gives enough time to generate interest and monies

Settled then? i will organise for the 10th April - will aim to have all sorted by end of next week

Working on the 10th but will try get it off :)
Hopefully ill have 2 nice mods added by then that most wont have ;-)

Settled then? i will organise for the 10th April - will aim to have all sorted by end of next week

Just an idea, but how about a Facebook ''event'' for any of us on there to ''join''

Would get notifications nearer the time
Easy to message everyone attending in one go
more publicity for forum/ AMD
Hosted by/ Details section

I dont mind setting up unless you want to

So I'm confused and am going to be really lazy... was the 26th April but isn't now? (Good for me as I'll be at the Russian GP then)

The dates above are provisional others which your seeing which gains the much interest correct?

Thats correct dates I first posted are dates amd cannot do . Suggested 10th . I'll sort out tomorrow and come back and confirm @Sandra may need help setting up thread like you did for dealership meet . I don't have facebook so once I have confirmed if someone can create an event on fb that would be great . Will revert asap

Reactions: Essexman and Steve!
Thats correct dates I first posted are dates amd cannot do . Suggested 10th . I'll sort out tomorrow and come back and confirm @Sandra may need help setting up thread like you did for dealership meet . I don't have facebook so once I have confirmed if someone can create an event on fb that would be great . Will revert asap
I will help you out Alex. I can also post to Asn Facebook page. :) x

Hello. Apologies been away skiing and only got back yesterday! will sort this week!

10th April - Ok with everyone...?

My car has started everyday for years, i start looking forward to a rolling road day and it decided not to start weds morn :-( i've tried all the usual suspects, oil light comes on when trying to turn over but i guess thats norm while its trying, there is oil in there, any of you's lot able to do a vcds scan ?, cant get it to a garage, need to get vcds for myself asap, but havent been able to yet, i can pay for your time with beer ? lol

i can attend the on the 10 April , no S3 anymore but an oil burner A3

My car has started everyday for years, i start looking forward to a rolling road day and it decided not to start weds morn :-( i've tried all the usual suspects, oil light comes on when trying to turn over but i guess thats norm while its trying, there is oil in there, any of you's lot able to do a vcds scan ?, cant get it to a garage, need to get vcds for myself asap, but havent been able to yet, i can pay for your time with beer ? lol

Been in and out of the Garage- but all fine & good now, so i'm still up for 10th

Do you need deposit yet ?

I'm guessing the 10th isn't happening? Only a couple of days away. I will try to pop along whenever it is, but no dyno run this time as the car is not well

Lol just saw its 26th
Put me down, I'll rope in another 8v as well.

That's 26th April 2015 not 2016. 26th April this year is a Tuesday

Supposed to be 10th April eg this Sunday! Guess no go as gone v quiet. No worries there is always next time!

TX.