Rolling Road @ Awesome *RESULTS*

EssVier

There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.
Reaction score
Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
Listen up folks, the results are in.......

Thought i'd start a unified thread so we can all post our pics from the RR day!

Moi (B5 S4, standard bar Milltek dual catback)

BHP - 196
Torque - 247

Both at the wheels.

Looks like we've both got better things to be doing than sleep.

I got 302bhp, 379.85ft-lbs and wet feet from my K04'd S4.

DSC00495.jpg

^^^^^^ Call me a bit thick , but how do you equate @the wheels to fly/clutch power?

Have the transmission losses already been taken into account, or do they need to be added on too?

Thanks

p

^^^^^^ Call me a bit thick , but how do you equate @the wheels to fly/clutch power?

Have the transmission losses already been taken into account, or do they need to be added on too?

Thanks

p

25% loss I think bro! So mine's just abput right, with 260ish bhp, and 300ish lb/ft!

To work out Blue Thunder's, think of a figure and a car that is so fast it made me go blind and do a spoonful at full chat! And hey presto!

So for a rough estimate, divide your figures by 0.75. It's pretty poor they didn't give a crank figure. Think a lot of rolling roads give you both figures, or at least take the time to explain them through with you.

Jim did give a talk at the start and explained the reasons. I think it's a software issue with dynojet when using both rollers at the same time to calculate losses

Jim did give a talk at the start and explained the reasons. I think it's a software issue with dynojet when using both rollers at the same time to calculate losses

It's something to do with the coastdown to measure the transmission losses, it's not very effective in 4WD mode?
This is my Dynoplot for my car from 2005 with power@wheels also if you guys want a comparison.
AwesomeRR.jpg

Heres my A3 3.2 Sportback DSG

Bear in mind the last run with 205bhp atw is a spike so max was 197bhp atw
RRA3printout001.jpg

Still haven't had my plots yet,awesome were going to email me and jeffs plots to us.Mine was 207 @wheels which seems good,cant remember the torque fig and 227 @fly ?20 bhp losses from a quattro?i dont think so.Nice to meet you guys but the figures dont add up.Cheers Andy

Heres my A3 3.2 Sportback DSG

Bear in mind the last run with 205bhp atw is a spike so max was 197bhp atw
RRA3printout001.jpg
Some good results chaps!!! I like the results 3.2 JU...I thought you would have lost more in transmission than that so well chuffed...gutted I couldnt make it:icon_thumright:

On the rollers:

rollers.jpg

The results:

awesome_results.JPG

Overall i'm pretty pleased, especially with the torque figure! The whp figures are close to Jabba's results so that suggests they're reasonably accurate - or they're both inaccurate ;) .

It was nice to meet everyone, and thanks to Sitrials for the pics!

Some good results chaps!!! I like the results 3.2 JU...I thought you would have lost more in transmission than that so well chuffed...gutted I couldnt make it:icon_thumright:

Yeah, I did initially come away a little disappointed I suppose after seeing the standard 8P S3's pulling 50bhp more atw, but once back in the car it felt as good and as quick as ever. I'd say judging by the figures achieved on Saturday it puts it somewhere near a remapped 8L S3 power wise, which is right.
If you look at the graphs though, it does show you how the power is delivered on a NA car compared to a turbo'd one.

Would be good to try a different set of rollers now for comparison.

Nice one Ju - having owned a Cupra and used to FI graphs, it's nice to see how the torque is delivered in the v6 lump. :sm4:

Shame I missed this one, but it was just to far to travel at short notice, although I'm planning on getting it on the dyno at my local guys shortly (Power Engineering/TOTD) and will let you know how I get on.

Also considering getting it remapped (understood the gains won't be as great as a motor with a Ko3/Ko4) but the guys at Vagcheck are doing a VERY good price for the 3.2 DSG....:yahoo: