Rogue One

Ozmosis

Reaction score
Went to see this yesterday. For Star Wars fans (original movies) well worth a watch.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great effects and storyline.

Reactions: Raiden and Ghost
I watched it in IMAX at Telford this sfternoon. It was good but I found it a little slow at the start. Fantastic special effects and a bit more comedy than other star wars films.

Reactions: Ghost, markos72 and Ozmosis
In terms of how dark it was I thought it was right up there with Empire Strikes Back.Last 10 mins was incredible

Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
hmmm - I am a fan of star wars and my son is "apparently" an expert in media and star wars.

he said it was brilliant "critically acclaimed"

I said it looked like fan fiction and should have gone straight to DVD.

it is like a bunch of sketches stuck together.
Darth Vadar has a Yorkshire accent (even though the original voice over)
the funny droid is too Disney Fake / cringe-worthy
the original models were not even touched up when re-used for the triangle to triangle crash scene
I liked Tarkin being entirely CG

it just felt like fan fiction - demanding that loose-ends were all tied up (the computer interfaces must still be the same, we must say the word HOPE 90 times etc) the highlight was the guy from "a new hope" restaurant nearly saying "you'll be dead" when they bumped into them in the street.

It felt cheap to me, like it was originally going to be 4 episodes on TV but they decided to stick them together and make a film.

one of the most annoying bits was that the big triangle ships were tiny tiny tiny compared to the Death Star in "Rouge One" but in the original star wars they were not 5% the size of the weapon's crater were they?

also the CG of princess leya simply gave her a fat round face, considering in "a new hope" that was about 30 minutes after she was delivered the plans.

to be fair I am glad I had a pokestop reachable from inside the cinema.

Reactions: Ghost
I do agree that it's a little too neat and it's starting point seems to have been to make sure to tie up any and all loose ends but the fanboy in me couldn't help but love it.

By the end of the movie, I was staring at the screen while the credits rolled with my mouth agape and my eyes wide.

Reactions: Ghost