Rogue A3 or normal?

johnmv55

Reaction score
I hate to start my posting moaning, and I am a BIG Audi fan, after a few secondhand Audi's I bought a new A3 2.0 FSI sport/Akoya/black alcantara/bose/upgrade on wheels etc, It is a nice car,however, I have had more trouble with this car in one year than all my previous cars in all of my previous years motoring (30 years), faults-steering wheel not straight from new, the well publisised wiper motor failure, rattles from under the passenger side of the dash, a spluttering engine after start up which called for two dealer visits, a new ecu and eventually a new fuel pump/controller and 29 days with an A2 courtesy car, I now have a release bearing noise when cold, somebody body please tell me all this isn't normal!!!!!!!!!!

If it is an early new A3 you probably have squeaky window seals to look forward to as well.

you definately have a rogue A3, i have not come across many of those problems yet, however ive done so many wipermotors that i have lost count and you may find that you will need a new door seal or 2 soon as they seem to squeek very badly!

garethj, not necessary. I don't, richy don't.. then again, I haven't had nearly any problems with my car (except.. well, oil problems for me).

So it's not every early-production car that has those problems.

- Yak

Yeah, some do. But I have some kind of problem in there, dealer found something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyway, it's sort of normal for VAG-engines to eat oil when they're new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And you wouldn't notice if your 3,2 eats oil.. it eats so much gasoline /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

Yak

I think Audi decided to punish us UK types with a set of problems that our LHD chums have not been treated to.

Probably, a wise choice. Modern world drives from left side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

none of it never happened to me and it was one of the first 3.2 in the uk (Nov2003)
only thing for me was the alloys (BBS) corroding
apart form that everything has been just working perfectly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Thanks for the replies, I'm hopeing the car settles down a bit now, I really don't expect a car to be perfect and problem free, after all there's an awfull lot of bit's in there! I was just amazed at how long it took them to fix it, I do an awfull lot of Porsche work and when the car`s fault memory says "low fuel pressure circuit 1 / faulty fuel pressure sensor" I was amazed they changed the ECU. I knew they hadn't fixed it first time, It gave all the fault symptoms of a faulty fuel pump non return valve (on a more convential F/I system)