RobMorris Audi A4 2.5 V6 tdi avant

Opinions please.

I have a GMBH/S-Line front splitter to put on which requires paint.

I dont plan on painting my lower sides / rear.

So do I paint the front Satin Black to match my lower sides / rear.

Or

Do I paint it Silver?

What say you?

I would say paint it to match the rest of the lowers. Be different as I've not seen it done before.

Official Unpainted / Satin Painted USP Lower Thread

vortexphotoatwaterfest.jpg

Tonight I had a couple of hours and what with my present today went about fitting one..

Removed the passenger side rear door card and removed the trim and door handle inner part to vinyl trim.

2C59DA60.jpg

Removed the old speaker and wired in my Infiniti in MDF speaker rings.

44DAF17F.jpg

Wrapped the trim and door handle inner part and put it all back together.

C301611A.jpg

3 to go!

Got to hand it to you Rob, think you are doing a fine job of restoring this A4 to it's former glory, keep up the good work, you have got me itching to finish mine now so LeD's from trups are being done and I think the centre air vent will be going in favour of 4 aux gauges.. will post up so pics when it's done

Good work Rob, coming along nicely!

Do you mind me asking where you got your MDF speaker pods from please and how much? Oh, and what aftermarket speaker size are they for?

Thanks for the link mate! They look excellent quality, and reasonably priced considering the crappy plastic spacers you can buy with won't make the speaker sound as good as MDF (bass)

Saved in my watch list for when I sort myself out with buying some decent components! :)

Ive done another 5/40 Fully Syn oil change.
My engine is a lot noisier/tappy with this particular oil type.
Considering its done just shy of 200k is this really the best oil for me?
Is there a better oil type for high mileage or an additive to quieten it down?

Cheers

And why have you installed coaxials? They should be components, with the new tweeters mounted in the stock locations at the top of the door card.

The fronts are run off a Sony aftermatket stereo and the rears off the stock amp.
I've not installed all 4 corners yet to fully compare. Listening up close the sound is a lot better with no distortion.
Hope to have it finished by this weekend.

I have run SPL Dynamics 6.2 components in my previous BMW and A3.
I also have a spare set of Genesis components in my garage that I'm not using.
I just wanted to try a different route with this car.
I've left in the stock tweeters in place but won't be running them.
I did research first and TA gave a good write up on these speakers as a bit of an all rounder.
time will tell..

So I finally got round to replacing my driver door lock latch..
I went in blind with all I knew was that I needed to remove the window frame to get to it.. How hard could it be right?

Since about the 2 nd day of ownership ive been driving around with my door like this
017.jpg

It was 8 pm and I thought id have it all done by 9ish to relax in front of the box for a couple of hours..

I just unbolted/undone everything I could see..
I didnt actually remove the whole window assembly, just enough so I could get in and around the latch.

I will mention that my hands and arms are shredded and sore today.

Anyway I finally got to this by about 9ish..

018.jpg

The latch come out with no real issue but this is when things took a down turn.. As without any instructions I was putting it all together and forgetting to replace things so it had to come apart again!

I dont have a key fob just a solid key and I didnt fit the part correctly first time to unlock my door. That was the first time I had to take it apart.

2nd time was because I forgot to fit the cable to the latch for the interior handle.

3rd and 4th times was because of this little bleeder kept coming off! I was doing it wrong basically.
You can see in this pic where I thought finally ive done it - but this was still wrong.
Its the white plastic piece in the middle there..

019.jpg

So after putting it back together for a 5th time - id got it!

The door opens and closes like it should so it seems the time/effort/scratches/stress was worth it in the end.

Remember I didnt have to remove the door card nor had I time to put it back on.
I finished at a quarter to midnight!

If I had to do it again id say about an hour. No instructions = nearly 4 hours!

And just a pic of Silent Coat 4mm sound deadening I used whilst I was there. I only put about 1 sheet it the door around the excisting stock deadening.

020.jpg

Pleanty left in that engine yet Rob, any other fixes done?

Erm well funnily enough progress has slowed. My last post was me replacing the drivers door latch.
Well from that I pulled a muscle in the left side of my upper back/shoulder and in my chest and under my left arm whilst causing some nerve problem down my left arm arm also!?!
I havnt bothered with the docs just been taking cocodamol and ibruprofen for nearly 2 weeks!
Its starting to easy up a bit now so last night I finally got the driver speaker installed and the door trim fitted.
I didnt take any pics but it was quite nice driving to work this morning with a full interior in place for the first time since about day 2 of ownership!

Nice one, get well soon Rob but dont overdo it mate! Lol

I grabbed a couple of hours this weekend and got my GMBH front lower bumper on.
I bought it in rough condition and in metallic Black.
Rubbed it down / few coats of undercoat / rub down / few coats of satin black. I dont have progress pics of this.

Nor have I any great pics of the front bumper as the sun was bright and not much come out on my phone..

Had to saw off a few bits.

Good fit

Just need to figure out how to the mesh now.

Cheers.