Road springs pt2

christoffb

Reaction score
So finally got to post this second installment of lowering my tqs, I've gone for eibach pro-kit [ E1534-140 ] with a stated drop of 30mm all round and the final overall look and handling is much improved with the cornering now near bang on. Got the kit for £160 from eibach on a special for the day and a tenner to deliver em, while doing the front springs i removed lower castor and camber arms and made all the bolts fully lubed up ready for later then the same for the top two track arms and track rod ends, take the plastic cover off the o/s steering rack bellows and reach in to find the 6mm bolt in the rack which allows to lock the rack in true straight ahead position for later, on the rear the absorber plate that holds the strut to the body where rusted to hell so replaced them and treated the body with wax, both lower wishbones powder coated with new bushes, both track arms replaced because of some play in the ball joints, all the off-center adjustment bolts replaced for track and camber adjustment ( one day I'll pull the subframe and powder coat it ) and replaced the large fat joints at the bottom of the main leg/arm.
Lots of other stuff got done along the way and it all started to come together at last, everything was done up just over finger tight but safe enough to drive a bit and get it to sit down a.b.a.p and went straight for the geometry.

Bring all the adjustments in and centralize the rack with a conical headed bolt and finish the front tracking, spray wax every arm and joint.

Sounds easy but that was four days work for me ! Spent loads on it.

However, somehow i can't seem to attach pictures to this thread, it keeps saying file/picture to large even though they are below the bites.
Car drives awesome.

Pics as promised

Attachments

• IMAG0191-2150x1209.jpg
    IMAG0191-2150x1209.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 110
Pics of the eibach lowering springs

Attachments

• IMAG0194-2150x1209.jpg
    IMAG0194-2150x1209.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0195-2150x1209.jpg