Road speed limit

glasgow1

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone able to help me I have a 68 plate Audi A6 with the digital cockpit and I wanted to see if there is a way of getting the speedlimit on the digital cockpit as I can't seem to get it on there. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think you can only do it via the camera based traffic sign recognition- which is part of the Tour Pack. There's a company that can code this for you via a dongle. There a thread in the A4 B9 forum on this. The company may be called Kufatec?

Reactions: glasgow1
Thanks

The Technology Pack main screen map has this. It must pick it up from Google and not an optical sensor on the car (as I didn’t pay for that option!).

The A7 I test drove had the optical sensor option, due to poor visibility according to the salesman, failed to display the lower speed limit that was clearly signed on the road signs but had not found its way to Google. Accordingly, it was not an option I purchased.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It's something you plug in and does the coding for you. You then remove it. There's a big thread on the A4 B9 forum that should have all the info.

The software is somehow linked to the vehicle and therefore cannot be passed around others.

I have had a look at ODB Eleven and the 2018 A6 is listed but no sign recognition is in there. The hardware in the A6 is new so I don't if any coders have got their hands on one yet.
The system seems to be just about flawless on my A4...

Email I got a could of days ago from Kufatec

Screenshot 20190110 202026 Email

Reactions: cuke2u
I am going to order one have any one tried in A6 c8 .and how to do as it not come with any instructions I think

Found this in the a4 b9 forum:
1. Turn on the ignition but don’t start the car.
2. Turn off start/stop
3. Turn off the MMI
4. Turn off the heating/AC
5. Wait a minute after all of that then plug in the dongle

You’ll see flashing red and green lights, you’ll get error messages on you VC then after a few minutes the green LED on the dongle will stay on with no red.

6. Turn the car off.
7. Unplug the dongle
They don't have the A6 C8 listed on their site though so I hope it works and doesn't mess anything up...

Last edited:
Well I gave them my vin number and he give me part number and told me it will work for A6 (2019)
Also found it say A6 4a is this same as c8 ?any one can look at this .this is on German site

The 4A is the first generation model, also known as the C4, according to Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A6

However the kufatec site refers to the latest version as the 4A, as you have already said. But looking at the pictures here:

https://www.kufatec.com/de/audi/a6/a6-4a/?p=1

You can tell it is the latest model, by the images and they also have confirmed via your VIN number (they did the same with me), so I wouldn't let that put you off.

I hope it works.i am bit nervous.i will get it delivered by Saturday

The 4A is the first generation model, also known as the C4, according to Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A6

However the kufatec site refers to the latest version as the 4A, as you have already said. But looking at the pictures here:

https://www.kufatec.com/de/audi/a6/a6-4a/?p=1

You can tell it is the latest model, by the images and they also have confirmed via your VIN number (they did the same with me), so I wouldn't let that put you off.
Doh, I went to that site but could not find that at all....

Assuming this can also be done with the OBD11, why would you buy this device which can only do one change? Why not just get the OBD11 and change the setting that way, and then have the advantage of using the OBD11 for other things?

Can't see anything in the odbeleven forums, although it seems my eyes are playing up at the moment....

I own neither device, but after a quick search revealed a number of posts/people who claim to have set this up by using their ODB11, on various Audi's, hence I wondered why the one off device was more appealing.

Just had a look and it is listing the C8 under supported vehicles:
Screenshot 20190117 164533

All they need to do is find someone who'll do it for a beer, or in my case a bottle of wine...

I got dongle from germany.and it did not work.i asked kuftatec to help.it light up red but no any other action.very disappointed.may be not suitable for A6 C8.

That's a blow, not for the first time as they don't work with newer incarnations of the A4 either. Until coding appears from either vcds or odbeleven it won't...

I got dongle from germany.and it did not work.i asked kuftatec to help.it light up red but no any other action.very disappointed.may be not suitable for A6 C8.

Have Kufatec come up with a solution?

They say next week they get my 19 and try and update dongle.i don't know if I should wait or get refund.

They say next week they get my 19 and try and update dongle.i don't know if I should wait or get refund.

If give it a try if I were you. If that doesn't work then you could ask for a refund.

Ok I wait till next Friday.otherwise I send this back.and I let u know.but hope it work.

Ok .they say tried on A6 c8 but at the moment they r unable to provide suitable soft ware .so refund.and have to send dongle back.not good

Any one have success