Road Rage! Psycho EVO driver tried to drag me out my car!

JS1500

Howdy
Reaction score
Background info - my foglight switch is stuck so my fogs are on when my lights are on.
The garage who broke the switch are taking it back in soon. I've been meaning to stick electrical tape over the fogs until they're fixed, but keep forgetting (my bad).

So. On my way home from work and close to home, entered a wooded section that I know well and came up behind a black 04 plate Evo.
Within seconds he slams his brakes on from about 50mph - emergency stop style - I do the same and we both come to a complete stop (he's lucky I uprated my brakes!).
He then starts flashing his hazards and indicators and his rear foglight on and off, so I realised he was having a go cos my fogs were on. I just shrugged and he drove off after a moment, I followed as normal.

We got further down the road, in a residential area, and stopped at a red light. Sure enough, he gets out and starts screaming and shouting obscenities as he approaches my car. I wind the drivers window down to explain the fogs situation.

He was REALLY aggressive and waaaay OTT. Saying "you're a f*cking danger with your f-ing fogs on you f-ing *****" etc etc, spit coming out with his words such was his rage. When he stops to catch his breath I tell him the switch is broken, and show him the broken switch.

At that point he REACHES THROUGH MY WINDOW and starts putting my full beams, indicators etc on, all the time ranting like a mad un! Absolutely f*cking nuts! So I tell him to get the f*ck away from my car and I put the window up, he removes his arm from the window and before i can lock the doors he pulls my door open and says he's going to "f*ck me up"! Had a hold of my jacket/seatbelt at one point. Psycho!
So we have a tug-o-war with my drivers door and he eventually gives up and gets back in his Evo.
All this infront of little old ladies in their Jazzes etc, bonkers.

Just needed to vent that. I'm very surprised I stayed so calm at the time.

Black 04 plate Evo with Nurburgring sticker on the back - stay clear of this guy Aberdonians, he's a sandwich short of a picnic!

Wow now that guy's got issues. Why couldn't he of just flicked his rear view mirror thing.
Should of punched him in the throat, that would shut him up.

The guys obviously having a barron time at home and all frustrated lol!!!!

Seriously, hats off to you for keeping your cool. Some nutters around!

Last edited:

That made me proper laugh!!!

And yeah, the dude sounds like a right tit. Surely fogs wouldn't blind you much anyway since they are aimed low? Oh well...I bet he has a small **** and has never even been to the Nurburgring.

I had similar when i ran out of petrol in front of someonem cept i did get my face smashed in because i failed to get into my car and drive off, despite it being imobile.
Since the lack of help from the Police i have lost all faith and have left my wheel brace in the door pocket in case i get a puncture

I had similar when i ran out of petrol in front of someonem cept i did get my face smashed in because i failed to get into my car and drive off, despite it being imobile.
Since the lack of help from the Police i have lost all faith and have left my wheel brace in the door pocket in case i get a puncture

That's shocking mate! Some people really need to just calm down in life! wow. And i'm not surprised you keep your wheel brace handy!

There are a few nutta's aroud these days. Clearly has a few issues
And well done for keeping your cool...I tend not to:blush:

Wow now that guy's got issues. Why couldn't he of just flicked his rear view mirror thing.

:lmfao: that actually made me laugh! Class:happy:

Oh well...I bet he has a small **** and has never even been to the Nurburgring.
:laugh:

was probably high on something stupid.

i once had something similar in inverness, pulled out of a junction (in plenty time might i add) in front of a guy in a BMW.
the gentleman followed me till i stopped at a red light, he got out of his X5 opened my door and tried to pull me out of my car. telling me i nearly killed him, i politely pointed out A.) i was in a golf, he was in an X5, he woulda been fine. and B.) he's now causing the hazard cause he's pulled me out onto the road C.) ive spent years training in boxing, and if he cared to take the matter further he would lose.

he took the matter further, and he lost.

i once had something similar in inverness, pulled out of a junction (in plenty time might i add) in front of a guy in a BMW.
the gentleman followed me till i stopped at a red light, he got out of his X5 opened my door and tried to pull me out of my car. telling me i nearly killed him, i politely pointed out A.) i was in a golf, he was in an X5, he woulda been fine. and B.) he's now causing the hazard cause he's pulled me out onto the road C.) ive spent years training in boxing, and if he cared to take the matter further he would lose.

:lmfao: Class. Ohh how i do love it when you get to teach people a lesson.:thumbsup:

Trouble is this kind of thing happens more and more, the police are next to useless in dealing with something like this, your word against his etc etc. This is one of the reasons i started tae kwondo & kick boxing, if it was me i dont think i would have held back, like alex says a swift jab to the throat to put him on the floor then a quick kick to the jaw for good measure, fair play to you for staying calm during it, makes you a bigger man than him IMO.

:lmfao: Class. Ohh how i do love it when you get to teach people a lesson.:thumbsup:

lol yeah i did enjoy it. usually avoid it if i can but this guy was just a complete d**khead. assumes cause he's in an X5 and screams and shouts im gonna treat him like he's archie.

he'll think twice about doing it again though i gave him a beauty of a crack on the jaw.

Trouble is this kind of thing happens more and more, the police are next to useless in dealing with something like this, your word against his etc etc. This is one of the reasons i started tae kwondo & kick boxing, if it was me i dont think i would have held back, like alex says a swift jab to the throat to put him on the floor then a quick kick to the jaw for good measure, fair play to you for staying calm during it, makes you a bigger man than him IMO.

it is getting more and more common and its getting out of control. my gf now drives with the doors locked, which im very glad she does.

thing is if these people behaved while walking down the street in the same way they'd be lifted in minutes, but somehow cause its motoring related its not as interesting to them?!

haha! prob what i would have done!!

That made me proper laugh!!!

And yeah, the dude sounds like a right tit. Surely fogs wouldn't blind you much anyway since they are aimed low? Oh well...I bet he has a small **** and has never even been to the Nurburgring.

guaranteed!!

brilliant... love the fact you even warned him, what a tit...

too many loosers about these days with nothing better to do... prob a roid muncher! :weight_lift2:

When someone gets overly excited and wants to have a pavement brawl, and if you're just not in the mood or too scared cos he's twice your size, I always find staring at them with wide eyes and gritted teeth, psycho stylee, always scares them off.
And if it doesn't, you just punch them in the throat, as above.

Seriously though, that approach has worked pretty much everytime I've done it. It's quite funny to see people's aggression turn into unsurity.

I remember once, in my early 20's, me and some mates were driving somewhere and this complete **** cut us up badly, then had the cheek to flip us the bird from his window. Eventually we got along side him at some traffic lights, got out of the car and asked him what the feck he was playing it. Unbelievably he gave us lip, even though he was on his own and we were five up. He wasn't even a big lad, and one of my mates was a monster.

Anyway, we said to him to shut it or we'd batter him.

His response, and I quote it word for word.... "Ok, come on then".
And with that he got out of his car and stood there stoney face.

Now either this guy was a better fighter than Bruce Lee or he was messed up in the head. Either way it made us think twice and we got back in our car and left him and his stoney face standing there. :lmfao:

You did the right thing by not lowering yourself to his level imo but what ****** me off with people like this is how they think they have got the right to tell other people what they can and cant do for whatever reason your fogs were on has nothing to do with him and wouldnt have inconvenienced him at all its just an excuse to kick off on someone it wont be the first or the last time he has done this and one day he will do it to someone who is not as calm as you and regret it if he lives to that is.

Originally Posted by ccm1

Good on you mate i bet hes kept his mouth shut since lol

i would have nutted him lol, once a guy spat at me from his car whilst i was on my KTM, oh the joys, i still have the worn of knuckle marks on my gloves lol!!!

but to be honest, front fog lights dont even do anything IMO, it's not like they are brighter than your main beams lol!

but honestly, your too calm, he woulda had his face smashed in if that was me, post the number plate up lol!

I have a question, when you got home, did you stick tape over the foglights as yet?

There is no patience on the roads nowadays. People with rear foglights on annoy me, those with front fog lights just look like prats but I'd never resort to that sort of behaviour. As Nigel asked, have you taped them up for your own (plus £30 fine) safety? LOL

This is the best RANT Thread I have read in ages.
Laughed out load at nearly all these little rage stories.

I go on the M25 @ leatherhead sometimes and one morning some nobo very clearly did NOT fancy giving way to the right that morning and severely cut me up.
I just stayed where i was when he nearly hit me, very close to his *** to make my point.

We both then went onto M25 sliproad and i had kindof forgotten about it when I happened to look left into the slow lane at the offending Zafira for him to be calmly driving along with his right hand up giving me the middle finger. Lol :laugh:

I was F*?king craking up and just laughed for a few minutes. It actually cheered me up from my boring trip to work.... He must have been giving me the bird for about a mile. LMAO

Last edited:
Lol made my day this thread has, I would of given him a swift punch to the ear ... BAM !!!

I've had one incident many years ago with a similar kinda thing, a mondeo cut me up which properly ****** me off. A few roundabouts later he did what most of the mongos round this way do, and moved into the outside lane in order to cut streight across the last roundabout before the road joins the duallie.

So i decided to get my own back, stayed in the inside and dropped the boot (yes i was young and silly). Drew along side the guy just as he entered the roundabout, and he suddenly realised he had nowhere to go as i was now in the way of him cutting over the roundabout. He braked and nearly binned it then decided he was going to chase me.

I pull onto the duallie and get up to a nice 70ish, thinking "ha, i showed him", and he comes blasting past, at which point i notice hes 4 up and they all look very angry... The driver straddles the two lanes of the duallie and starts to weave about and slow down, so i jam the brakes on and get back from him, thinking wtf is this mental upto, at which point he stops and the four of them jump out (yep he stopped and got out the car in the middle of a 70 limit duallie...)

My brain said "oh f**k", i engaged 2nd, dropped the boot and aimed the car at the gap between the open door and the central reservation. Realising i wasnt stopping they've leaped out the way, and then gave chase again. I decided to head for the petrol station further up the road, thinking public/cameras etc might put them off, but got stuck at some traffic lights at the end of the duallie at which point the four of them were out the car again beating on the windows and screaming at me. I was proper shitting it, but had been quick enough to fire the central locking so they couldnt open the doors, then picked up the phone and told them i was phoning the cops, at which point they ran for the mondeo and took off.

Proper scary!

@ the OP: why didnt you just remove the fuse for the front fogs...

i would have nutted him lol, once a guy spat at me from his car whilst i was on my KTM, oh the joys, i still have the worn of knuckle marks on my gloves lol!!!

but to be honest, front fog lights dont even do anything IMO, it's not like they are brighter than your main beams lol!

but honestly, your too calm, he woulda had his face smashed in if that was me, post the number plate up lol!

Didn't realise this thread was still going!

Yeah, had 'people' trying to spit at me from the pavement when driving the MG with the roof off. I used to carry a crossbow in the car to warn them off (ornimental, but they didn't know that)!!! But I was young and stupid then.

Yep NHN, tape went over the lights before sundown the next day, haha!
Didn't think to pull the fuse to be honest!

Enjoying hearing other people's tales of road rage.
Must admit to flicking the bird at quite a few people over the years - usually when flying round a roundabout in the Midget and folk would just pull out in front of me (probably not expecting an old car to be carrying so much speed!) they'd get a honk and if the roof's down you have the potential for a 360degree handgesture as you continue around the roundabout!

With the EVO driver in question, I think he just got more and more enraged when he saw I wasn't biting! I reckon if i'd acted as much of a nutter as him he'd have been back in his japwagon alot sooner.
I'm just going to buy a tazer - make the next loony lose control of all bodily functions at the side of the road! Job done.

I'm just going to buy a tazer - make the next loony lose control of all bodily functions at the side of the road! Job done.

Thats ok till you get caught with it, i have a couple of cans of pepper spray which i 'acquired' from a friend and used to keep one in the car for just this sort of thing and gave the other to the mrs to keep in her bag which was ok till they changed the laws and made it some sort of serious firearms type offence to carry one, needless to say they both sit nicely tucked away in the house now waiting for any would be smack head burglar to try his luck.

This is why i always tend to keep the bar from the trolley jack somewhere handy in the car, just in case

Doesn't look like a weapon if i get stopped, as it's a car accessory. But can certainly do some damage

Unfortunately there are some mentalists out there, but i bet you still haven't covered your lights yet have you?

Another chav evo driving scumbag, 'nuff said.

Did you get reg plate? I have a "friend" copper if you want the address

Another chav evo driving scumbag, 'nuff said.

Good call fella, wish i had a friend like that lol. On a side note how do you fancy a race on forza one night, or even a bit of combat training on black ops??

Unfortunately there are some mentalists out there, but i bet you still haven't covered your lights yet have you?

Yes I have, see my post a few up the page!

Yep, got the reg. Dunno if it's wise to go looking for him though - kinda negates the 'self defence' plea!
If the road he was on is part of his usual route, i'll see him again for sure...

Damn, keep forgetting to mention that after stopping in the wooded area and flashing his lights etc he started reversing towards me at speed! So I had to reverse out of the way. That's when another car came around the bend and he drove off.
And he said I was a danger!

You know what the solution is then, dont you???

I wouldve broken a finger or 2 if someone tried to reach into my car and touch stuff.

I lol'd at the Inverness incident. The drivers up here really are terrible.

yes there is some right effin idiot's on the road i had this complete effin clown in a white transit van fitted with halfords leds on the front you can already guess what a frickin **** he was , anyhow it was a 3 lane molding into 2 i was coming up in the 3rd and had to jam on cos the lights went red , so we were there i took off i was thinking he will let me in , anyhow he floored it to the point he tryed to force me into the railings ?? i mean why the feck !!

So we were both screaming up the road like maniacs throwing swivels the bird etc ... i thought what a c-nt anyhow i got past him as he came to a row of traffic i wasnt even racing him it was over as far as i was concerned , next thing i can only say it was like the film duel ... looked in my rear view and this van was screaming to the back of me so fast he had to jam on the van slid and stopped an inch from my bumper , but i had a 2 year old girl in the car and a 7 month old with a neck like a mars bar , i said hold on just gona have a word to the misses , jumped out went through his drivers window with my hands and dragged him out by the head , to the shouting words of im a copper im a copper im police , ive never saw someone go white like that !! i was close to filling him in , but just told him to eff off before i disfigured him .. later on that night the faggot sent the police round i got nicked ..

After i told the police what happenned , one of them said effin tosser , we had to follow the complaint , they let me off with a caution and a 60 pound fine to pay for his smashed window , even though it was he who caused it ... unbelievable , the copper said next time you get any of that make a complaint he would of got nicked to !! i felt so injustice , this is why have no faith in the legal system .. he tryed to run me off the road , endager my kids and i get nicked till 1 am in a cell , fecking joke ... it was worth it though maybe one less idiot will not drive like a tit next time ... lol not me , him

Last edited:
When someone gets overly excited and wants to have a pavement brawl, and if you're just not in the mood or too scared cos he's twice your size, I always find staring at them with wide eyes and gritted teeth, psycho stylee, always scares them off.
And if it doesn't, you just punch them in the throat, as above.

Seriously though, that approach has worked pretty much everytime I've done it. It's quite funny to see people's aggression turn into unsurity.

I remember once, in my early 20's, me and some mates were driving somewhere and this complete **** cut us up badly, then had the cheek to flip us the bird from his window. Eventually we got along side him at some traffic lights, got out of the car and asked him what the feck he was playing it. Unbelievably he gave us lip, even though he was on his own and we were five up. He wasn't even a big lad, and one of my mates was a monster.

Anyway, we said to him to shut it or we'd batter him.

His response, and I quote it word for word.... "Ok, come on then".
And with that he got out of his car and stood there stoney face.

Now either this guy was a better fighter than Bruce Lee or he was messed up in the head. Either way it made us think twice and we got back in our car and left him and his stoney face standing there. :lmfao:

ive done that very same thing. thing is i was soo ****** off i would have tried im not exactly a small lad but 4 on 1 is pretty much a loss unless the others are complete pussyholes

Black 04 plate Evo with Nurburgring sticker on the back - stay clear of this guy Aberdonians, he's a sandwich short of a picnic!

Y'know I might just know exactly the same Evo driving wildly around the area...

i keep a breaker bar in the passanger foot well in case of a puncture ;)

ive done that very same thing. thing is i was soo ****** off i would have tried im not exactly a small lad but 4 on 1 is pretty much a loss unless the others are complete pussyholes

lol, that's what made us leave it. If it kicked off he knew and we knew we would've ruined him, but the fact he got out and was ready to rumble shocked us, and made us think about it. Was he carrying, is he mentally unstable, etc etc???
Whatever the reason it kinda made us respect him, so we left it.
And to be honest, no one deserves getting battered by 5 guys for sticking a finger up and giving a bit of lip.
Silly on his part though and lucky for him that me and my mates are decent guys.

only time iv been witness to some serious 'get out of the car' roadrage is when me and a friend went and test drove a EVO 4 RS.

My friend was driving down a residential street, not fast or anything, past this cyclist. Who yells abuse at us for no reason... which was quite funny. Then further down on road the guy past us and he stuck his fist through the open window into my mates face... bit of a mistake as hes quite a tough bloke with lots of boxing experience. Shocked my mate got out the car and ran after him like a cheetah on a gazelle lol, floored him off his bike. The bloke was on the floor and said 'why did you do that?'. WHen he realised he was a drunk or something he left him to it lol

Something kind of similar happened to me, I was driving in a 30 zone and im not sure why but car in front did an emergency stop so i did so and the car behind went into the back of me was a 02 Corsa.

I got out of the car to look at the damage as you would. In a few seconds he had me by the kneck throwing me against the car saying 'You think you own the road because you have an Audi etc etc' This really ~!$%& me off and as it was outside a school there were many witnesses as it was around 8:30am before i know it the police arrived with all the parents who were dropping there kids at school shouting at the guy. I kept my calm which im really glad.

If he was thoughtful and apologetic etc i would of said no worries ill get a quote for a bumper privately and we can forget about it etc.
But no i was really $£%& off so i claimed etc and told the police about the assault and i went all the way with it.

Thats ok till you get caught with it, i have a couple of cans of pepper spray which i 'acquired' from a friend and used to keep one in the car for just this sort of thing and gave the other to the mrs to keep in her bag which was ok till they changed the laws and made it some sort of serious firearms type offence to carry one, needless to say they both sit nicely tucked away in the house now waiting for any would be smack head burglar to try his luck.

Pepper spray may be illegal but those cans of blue foam that dye peoples faces permanantly aren't...