rnse retrofit

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi guys iam looking at retrofitting an rnse into my b7 she has a d/d conversion allready and ive got the power adaptor lead and the one for the radio antenna ive also got a sharks fin for the sat nav can i use this or will i need something else also ive red that you need a disc player in the glovebox to load sat nave dic and to play cds, any help would be greatlly appricated.

You do not need a disk player in the glove box ,The B7 RNS-E disk is located in the unit, the front screen opens and the disk is installed there.
There is alot of info on the web about retrofit RNS-E into a B7, have a look arround to see what you need to covert you radio.
You will need adaptor looms as the RNS-E has a quadlock connector.

hi thank you for your message i have all the nessacary connectors to wire it to the car was just wondering about which antenna to use and the concern ref. the disc player.

Hi, as i said, there is lots on the web and other fourms about retro fitting RNS-E in a B7, as for anttena a shark fin will require you to drill holes in your roof and rear head lining down. My unit was factory fitted, the GPS antenna is not on the roof.
The RNS-E has two SD card slots so you can play music from them, but there are restrictions on card size, again all info on the web.
I donot have a cd player, I use the RNS-E disk slot just for the map data, I personaly dont need a seperate disk player, but if you need on you can fit at the same time.

hi thank you for your message ive got to take the headliner down as iam fitting auto lights and auto diming mirrior. but thats another issue, not worried about holes in the roof as i like the look of the sharks fin in any case can you play music cd in the slot as i have a disc changer and the sub loom that i have removed from my spare loom.