RNSE removal

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Just went out this morning to remove the RNSE and FBMFSW from the S3 and I cant get the removal keys to fit and lock so I can pull the RNSE out. I take it the keys are all generic and can be used for Concert, Symphony and RSNE as I bought them to remove my old Symphony unit. I've had a look at pictures of the RNSE keys paying particular attention to where the slots n grooves are and they look identical.

Any ideas anyone:think:

Hammer and chisel will do mark....

Hehehehe...

Cheers Ilim......the unit is now out....I just cut it out of the dashboard with a hacksaw.. A little bit fettling with a file to smooth off the keys and all is well.

​Lol, your on form this morning Mark. :) x

I am Sandra. Up at the crack of dawn......got 2 people coming round for some Audi TLC and thought I may aswell prep the S3 for selling to the garage. So both RNSE and FBMFSW are now off and looking for good homes. Will pop them in the classifieds later on today. Oh and what a crackin' day it is here..........something isnt right.........its real sunny :anbet:

They should any audi stereo.
Save your fingers tho and use two wooden spoons through the keys and put gentle side-ways pressure on them while puling.
Or large screwdrivers etc but wooden spoons will not mark the dash if they slip.

The keys had small nicks in them and this stopped them from sliding all the way in to pop the locking mechansim out. A small blend with a riffler file and bingo.....all is done.

Cheers Ilim......the unit is now out....I just cut it out of the dashboard with a hacksaw.. A little bit fettling with a file to smooth off the keys and all is well.

Hahahaha.... :) I personally would have used dynamite as these car are built from rock slabs