RNSE Problems.

a3rider

Reaction score
Hey guys, im having problems with my RNSe, it keeps saying the CD is unreadable, but its the same cd that worked before, the gps anetna might be gone but that shouldnt mean that my CD isnt readable. Anyone had problems like this let me know, any advice please. Thank you in advance.

TDK ones are probably lesser of the evils if you can get one.

Does it play other CD's ?
no it doesnt, i tried a dvd it wouldnt read it, it wont even eject the cd had to open it and do it manually, even tried with a vagcom. nothing

Does it play other CD's ?
no it doesnt, i tried a dvd it wouldnt read it, it wont even eject the cd had to open it and do it manually, even tried with a vagcom. nothing

It will not read DVD's anyway but should play CD's

It will not read DVD's anyway but should play CD's
it plays cd fine :( wtf is wrong with it. i just got the lense cleaner its cleaning lets hope that works ay, if it doesnt :(

IT DOESNT WORK :( plays cd, cleaned lens and still wont play navigation disc, recognizes it for a split second then it says unreadable.!!

Try and borrow another navigation DVD. It just may be that your current nav DVD has gone to DVD heaven.

Last edited:
Yup, DVD's can pack up. I made a copy of the original on a Vertabim DVD for my old an in about a year it just stopped working. Put the OEM disc in and it was fine.

Try giving the disc a proper clean up, and if not look for a replacement off the Bay.

Try and borrow another navigation DVD. It just may be that your current nav DVD has gone to DVD heaven.

this is a burned version not the OEM i think, maybe if i can just re-burn it will that work?? the disc look fine no scratches or anything.
what you think.

Yup, DVD's can pack up. I made a copy of the original on a Vertabim DVD for my old an in about a year it just stopped working. Put the OEM disc in and it was fine.

Try giving the disc a proper clean up, and if not look for a replacement off the Bay.
the ones of ebay are expensive :( could i just re-burn my cd if its not good? what you recon

a burned DVD is darker than a original DVD, thus will be harder to read. Also, alot of other factors like DVD format, brand of DVD+R, etc, all add up to as variables that, if your RNS-E can't read it, doesn't prove anything. But then if it does read the DVD, then you could be in luck. But the best way is to find someone with an original DVD and try it out.

a burned DVD is darker than a original DVD, thus will be harder to read. Also, alot of other factors like DVD format, brand of DVD+R, etc, all add up to as variables that, if your RNS-E can't read it, doesn't prove anything. But then if it does read the DVD, then you could be in luck. But the best way is to find someone with an original DVD and try it out.

it worked fine few months ago, ill try reburning it before i get someone else to lend me a original dvd. :( just my luck.

a copied DVD is harder for the laser to read, this can cause the laser to fail.

a copied DVD is harder for the laser to read, this can cause the laser to fail.
same would happen if i had burned cds, im sure it wouldnt fail after such a short life, if it did i would be very upset. still not fixed working on the problem tho.

mine gave me the same exact problem. tried cd cleaners etc nothing worked,

shared story with bro (got similar car). he told me to open rnse and clean the laser with cotton wool. i rubbed the laser with an ear bud and it was black! previous owner of that rnse must have been a heavy smoker. since then its worked flawlessly, calculating routes takes 1-2sec now compared to 5-6 before.

mine gave me the same exact problem. tried cd cleaners etc nothing worked,

shared story with bro (got similar car). he told me to open rnse and clean the laser with cotton wool. i rubbed the laser with an ear bud and it was black! previous owner of that rnse must have been a heavy smoker. since then its worked flawlessly, calculating routes takes 1-2sec now compared to 5-6 before.

thank you, i will definelty give that a try, even tho the car was never smoked in and it plays cds fine. but still thank you. willing to try anything. :)

Hey guys just an UPDATE :) spent all that time and effort on cleaning products cleaning it opening the rsn-e, all it needed was a new disc i guess. Because i got a newest version burned of course :) and it works fine. ALL IS GOOD I GOT NAV :) yayayaya thank you all for your advice.