Rnse head unit fitting

Stol1975

Reaction score
I am thinking of updating my head unit to a sat nav unit. I currently have a concert double din in my A3 2009 sport and was wondering how difficult a job it is and if there is any coding issues. I've been looking on eBay and it seems you can get the GPS antenna, security codes and DVD map with the unit but is it more difficult than it seems?

I currently have Bluetooth fitted would that be plug and play too with the existing wiring?

It will all need coding via VCDS otherwise you will have errors.

All of it. The rnse will work without coding but you'll have errors on your car computer brought up by vcds.

All of it. The rnse will work without coding but you'll have errors on your car computer brought up by vcds.

Sorry to keep asking questions but I have a vgate 450 error reader that can clear codes. Can I just clear them or is a coding job for vcds to hook up the functionality?

It will all need to be coded to the car so you can clear them but you'll keep getting the errors back again.

find someone in your area who has vcds and ask them to do it. There's a map on here somewhere.

i have a 58 reg a3 convertible can this be as plug and play it is fitted with symphony headunit and bluetooth and bose

Yes for both Stol1975 and adey1 the units are plug and play but they may not function as well as you want it without coding it correctly to the options fitted on your cars.

coding will need to be done by someone who has VCDS of Vas (garage/dealers)
i can do this stuff for you if you need so just pm me for more info