RNSE Fuse?

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hopefully somebody can help me. I decided to buy a new 2012 RNSE to replace my 2009 model, mainly as the silver knobs would match everything and I wanted to be able to hold more songs on the memory cards.
It arrived yesterday from ebay and I thought Id swap it over today whith the spare time I had. I swapped it and all seemed ok apart from I had a message saying it was in safe mode.
I checked on here and read it had to be powered on for that entire hour, so I went and sat in the car with my headphones and iphone to listen the time away.
The countdown went from 60 minutes to 24 then it turned off!! I cant get any response whatsoever from it. I know theres a fuse on the back but cant see if thats blownas the screen is down so its locked in place.
I looked in the fuse box on the side of the dash but couldnt see any fuses.
Can anybody give me some advise? Ive contacted the guy on ebay but no response. I tried leaving it and going back and even disconnected the battery but still nothing, its a direct swap for the old one but now it seems dead!!

You should still be able to take the unit out with the screen down mate, just use the removal keys as normal, the same as when the screen is up.

Thanks, Ive done that now, the fuse in the back is fine. Ill have another look tomorrow though when its light. Perhaps the fuse for the radio circuit is under the bonnet.

Yes there is a fuse in electrics board under bonnet.