Rnse BOSE to aftermarket headunit

Jtaylor

Reaction score
Hey everybody, following on from my previous topic where my rnse got stolen. Everything I've ordered to fit a pioneer HU has arrived but the adapters that I got told I need don't seem to match up.
I've searched here and elsewhere online but I can't seem to find any reference with the same plug that I had in the rnse please see pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424073490320399

Looks like you were sold the older adapter for your car mate. It should still work, but has been known to cause sound interference.

This is what I used for my install on a 2009 S3 - http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductInformation.aspx?id=17097&p=CTSAD006.2 CTSAD006.2 adapter allows you to adjust the speaker signal and reduce the background noise.

The gray video connector is not used as far as I know.

Connects2 CT27AA86 radio aerial adapter should work well for you too.

Thanks for your reply it was about your HU that I was reading up on as mine is pioneer too
It looks as though some pins don't plug into anything when I connect the adapter that's confusing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424076096688774

Yes, it can be a bit weird, but not all pins are used by aftermarket HUs. I had to bypass the adapter's remote on (blue) wire to get the amp to switch on, but other than it was plug and play.

Right so we are up and running but the sat nav won't let me accept the user agreement all options are greyed out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424083021152139

Figured it out, the parking brake wire had to be connected so just put it to ground works great