RNSE Bluetooth Problem

210_MIH

Drive it like u stole it
Reaction score
Hi All

Everytime I connect my phone via bluetooth, it disconnects after like a minute, then re connects. The annoying thing is when this happens during a call - disconnects, then spends 30 seconds to re connect!

Anyone know what needs to be done to sort this out?

thanks

First you need to find out if the problem lies with the Bluetooth module or the phone.

Connect another phone to it, does the same happen?

If it does, I'd first go about replacing the Bluetooth antenna to see if that fixes the issue. If not, then possibly a replacement bluetooth module.

VCDS scan wouldn't hurt either.

What phone are you using?

Might want to also check if your phone has any available updates to its operating system and also the RNS-E software for any updates, may resolve Bluetooth issues with phone/RNS-E

Do you have VCDS? Check the VCDS map on here, shows you were local VCDS owners are near you.

Hi All

Everytime I connect my phone via bluetooth, it disconnects after like a minute, then re connects. The annoying thing is when this happens during a call - disconnects, then spends 30 seconds to re connect!

Anyone know what needs to be done to sort this out?

thanks

Remove the pair, disable BT, then restart handset & the car, then re-enable BT on handset & repair handset & let it sync contacts then test.

If this fails to work, then 1st question to ask is, which handset are you using, IOS & Droid both have issues with BT modules of varying years, then you have to ask which version BT module is fitted, then you need to look at updates to both systems, handset & car.

I've had 5 different phones in the time I have had my car and they all responded differently to each other which trying to connect to BT. The two worst were both Android phones.