RNS Unit stolen

Legend7

Reaction score
My Black edition got broken into yesterday at Morison’s car park in Bradford.

Police saying the cameras in the car park didn’t cover the area where my car was parked. However there was a witness who has come forward. Apparently 2 others VWs got broken into same time at the car park and their units stolen.

Absolutely gutted

My unit had a defect it didn’t close the screen properly. If anyone comes across anyone trying to shift this please contact me or the West Yorkshire Police

Sorry to hear that mate, which Morrison's was it?
I've had the Rnse in all my Audis for the last 10 years and parked all over Bradford with no issues, guess you've been unlucky or it's just me that's been lucky!

sorry to jear your one has been stolen but wonderimg can you make a claim on your insurance to get a replacement as you now have a police report

Mine was taken while I attended my cousin's wedding at Cedar Court in Bradford...not that bothered mate I know it's horrible but having owned an A3 with the RNS-E in total nearly four years it's a miracle it didn't happen sooner considering how much time I spend in Bradford and how close I live to it.

Autoglass wanted over £400 for new glass and fitting, so will do it myself and get the glass from the breakers.

Only thing that really bothered me was I wanted to get the car up for sale this week coming...guess that'll have to wait.

Audi supposedly make it harder to steal in the 8V, however, I know for a fact that's BS because the single DIN headunit is inside or just behind the glove box...

Single DIN head unit in an 8v ??? It's all integrated into the dash with a pop up screen. I would love to see how this could be stolen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single DIN head unit in an 8v ??? It's all integrated into the dash with a pop up screen. I would love to see how this could be stolen

Agreed!
The reason why the RNSE gets stolen is because it's a single complete unit that is literally plug and play.
It's far more integrated into the 8V, nowhere near as attractive to thieves.

there is a post on here about a device that can stop your rnse from being stolen , if i mind rightly it is something that covers over your hu and makes it look cheap so i guess not as attractive to thw stealers

Agreed!
The reason why the RNSE gets stolen is because it's a single complete unit that is literally plug and play.
It's far more integrated into the 8V, nowhere near as attractive to thieves.

Lol you lot need to relax.

The pop up screen you're raving is just a pop up screen. No one wants it.

The brain of the system is a single DIN unit. You can swap them between cars and with some coding and fitting they work just like the RNS will work from car to car.

Yes it is less attractive to thieves than the RNS, but not by much.

I'm surprised so many still seem to get nicked. They only go for £250 now a days don't they. Barely worth it. Gotta be plenty of better ones to rob.

Sorry to hear either way

sorry to jear your one has been stolen but wonderimg can you make a claim on your insurance to get a replacement as you now have a police report

not sure if it will be covered as it wasnt standard on the car.

Morrisons near leeds road

I've heard before mate that the Morrison's at Thornbury is notorious for Sat nav thefts

Don't even think about insurance mate, you'll have up to 5 years of pain come renewal so would cost much more in the long run.

The brain of the system is a single DIN unit. You can swap them between cars and with some coding and fitting they work just like the RNS will work from car to car..

Not completely true, the MMI system in the 8V also has component protection, which on these unit can only be removed with equipment that has a link to VW geko database, if a car is stolen or a 5F module is stolen and reported then it's black listed on Audi's database and cannot be unlocked. Also depending on what MMi system is fitted then there will be very little interest, all 8V cars have the basic MMI and it's difficult to tell the difference between the SD & HDD units.

Reactions: Sayam
just been feeling really **** since saturday.

In two minds whether I should buy a new unit or not. One thing on my mind is why did the alarm not go off.

Surely broken window would set alarm off.

....One thing on my mind is why did the alarm not go off.

Apparently our cars are well known for the alarms not reacting to this kind of incident

regarding a new headunit... go android? Extremely feature-packed for under £200?

Apparently our cars are well known for the alarms not reacting to this kind of incident

regarding a new headunit... go android? Extremely feature-packed for under £200?

I'd go apple car play unit straight up. Get DAB too.

I don't really rate the Audi unit.

Got a brand new one fitted by Audi under warranty the other day, lad in the garage claimed it cost them £5000 to get in lol.

just been feeling really **** since saturday.

In two minds whether I should buy a new unit or not. One thing on my mind is why did the alarm not go off.

When mine was stolen, the alarm didn't go off too. They smashed the passenger side window. Because mine was taken whilst on my drive, I thought whoever did it would likely come back if I got it replaced with another. So I opted for the much cheaper, less enviable Concert system. I didn't find the RNSE satnav as intutitive/easy to use as my Garmin unit. The RNSE was mounted too low in the dash too. And the map updates weren't free, as was the case with the Garmin. I suppose the only thing I miss are the SD slots for music library. But I won't miss the hassle of the aftermath of having the RNSE nicked.