RNS-E

hilly

Reaction score
im considering retrofitting the rns-e.just want to know is it worth the money?the car already has audi bluetooth,so that would work with the rns-e.
is the sat nav any good?,i have bose aswell is better quailty with this unit?
advice please.
:sos:

the rns-e is a quality addition to your car mate, it finishes the dash off a treat, the intergration is spot on, as you say, the bluetooth will intergrate too, as for the bose, shouldnt be much difference.
having it intergrate with the dis on the dash is also very handy.
as for the navigation system itself, its not the most upto date system but is more than ample, the only bugbare i and others have is that its not full postcode entry, but to be honest once your used to it its fine, if you have a multi function wheel then you can do the sds hack, which allows voice commands to the rns-e which is another plus for having one.
i dont remember ever reading that anyone isnt happy with the rns-e and that there taking it out and selling it, once youve got it im sure youd be more than happy.

the rns-e is a quality addition to your car mate, it finishes the dash off a treat, the intergration is spot on, as you say, the bluetooth will intergrate too, as for the bose, shouldnt be much difference.
having it intergrate with the dis on the dash is also very handy.
as for the navigation system itself, its not the most upto date system but is more than ample, the only bugbare i and others have is that its not full postcode entry, but to be honest once your used to it its fine, if you have a multi function wheel then you can do the sds hack, which allows voice commands to the rns-e which is another plus for having one.
i dont remember ever reading that anyone isnt happy with the rns-e and that there taking it out and selling it, once youve got it im sure youd be more than happy.
mine is not the coloured dis its just the red one can i still get the display on the dis?ive been quoted £600 supply and fit is this a good price?
thanks alot for your help:thrashi:

mine is just the red dis too, works fine.
600 isnt a bad price but its not cheap, can get them off the bay for around 400 and fit yourself.
what stereo do you have at the minute, do you have single din or double din.

mine is just the red dis too, works fine.
600 isnt a bad price but its not cheap, can get them off the bay for around 400 and fit yourself.
what stereo do you have at the minute, do you have single din or double din.
its the single din concert is it hard to fit?with it been single din?
would you be able to help me?

Factory DVD based sat nav mate.

You will need to convert the single Din to the Double Din, its not the easiest of jobs, but once done your RNS-E will take about 30 minutes to fit and code.

A worth while mod, and you get the 2 x SD card slots so you can play MP3 files that are shown on the DIS.

Factory DVD based sat nav mate.
Oh, ive got that...should have known.
How can you actually play DVDs on it? Is there a way of activating it or whatever? Not that i want to watch a dvd in my car as i have one in my front room but i just want to show off to my mates

To watch a DVD on your RNS-E you will need an adapter. Kufatec do a complete kit, including the DVD player, that can be controlled from your RNS-E
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...-IMA-Multimedia-Adapter---w--OEM-Control.html

You will also need the VIM hack too (thats if you want to watch DVD's while driving (not a good idea tho)

Oh, ive got that...should have known.
How can you actually play DVDs on it? Is there a way of activating it or whatever? Not that i want to watch a dvd in my car as i have one in my front room but i just want to show off to my mates

yes id be willing to help out, where abouts are you ?
mine was single din, had to do mine, not a hard job, just need a couple of hours free and job done, as said, once converted it a few minutes to put the rns-e in and code it up.

terrorist / cockney, i have a dvd player in the glove box and playstation in the boot along with the VIM hack, it can all be done alot cheaper than the kufatec route trust me.
buy the correct interface off the bay and a 12v dvd player and save a fair wack.
what are kufatec charging now ?

mine was single din, had to do mine, not a hard job, just need a couple of hours free and job done, as said, once converted it a few minutes to put the rns-e in and code it up.

im at west yorkshire,how about you?dont say lands end lol!

obviously a double din cage, an rns-e, most come with the gps antena, some come with a loom adapter and removal keys.
your climate control unit will need to be trimmed down to fit in the new lower location, but thats easy enough, it saves buying a new one, i did my own.

thats probably a good option then for that money, especially as its controlled through the rns-e, i dont get that on mine, did mine on the cheap.

terrorist / cockney, i have a dvd player in the glove box and playstation in the boot along with the VIM hack, it can all be done alot cheaper than the kufatec route trust me.
buy the correct interface off the bay and a 12v dvd player and save a fair wack.
what are kufatec charging now ?
What interface am i looking to but for this conversion? Has it a specific name?

wish mine had the 2x sd cards I have tried to get hold of an uptodate DVD disc foryhe sa nav I tried downloading it burn the DVD won't play ! It's not worth ke
paying 40 quid off flea bay as I don't trust that the DVD will necessarily work and I have a normal sat nav has anyone had any luck with copying an updated sat nav DVD?

FYI the 2 x SD cards are only there to play MP3 files and not to store Navigation data.

wish mine had the 2x sd cards I have tried to get hold of an uptodate DVD disc foryhe sa nav I tried downloading it burn the DVD won't play ! It's not worth ke
paying 40 quid off flea bay as I don't trust that the DVD will necessarily work and I have a normal sat nav has anyone had any luck with copying an updated sat nav DVD?