RNS-E

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Wanting to upgrade to have RNS-E and just wondering where is best to buy a unit from.

They seem to be about £450-500 off ebay but some seem to be from lithuania....... Anybody had good dealings with these people?

Or where else bar the dealers?

Cheers,

You could chance your arm on ebay, Nikin777 was a popular seller but is no longer registered. There's a chap called topsatnav who's had a mention on here before. You could see what's for sale in the classifieds on here or over at navplus.us

I bought mine from 25bigben25 from Lithuania. Ordered it on Thursday evening. Friday was a bank holiday over there and it arrived at my door in Ireland on the Tuesday morning. He takes paypal too which nikin777 doesn't as far as I remember.

I will be selling mine in just over 2 weeks time- it's only a few months old and in MINT condition- had it supplied and fitted by S8craig. If you're still in the market for one by then, get in touch.

Theres quite a few on there from dj.kolia, anybody had dealings with him before?

The Lithuania ones on ebay at the mo are from a different seller than the above recommendation btw.

Theres quite a few on there from dj.kolia, anybody had dealings with him before?

The Lithuania ones on ebay at the mo are from a different seller than the above recommendation btw.

yeah I've dealt with him loads. He's in Poland and has a couple of ebay shops selling different things.

I bought a GPS aerial for my dad from him first and it arrived a couple of days later. I also bought my Multimedia Adaptor and TV Tuner from him. Fairly quick response to emails too. I think he has some sort of car accessories shop in poland and then just has the ebay shop as an additional service.

I think 25bigben25 has stopped selling them and his shop has closed. At least I couldn't find him last time I checked.

i'm thinking of doing the same thing but i'd quite like to get mine fitted, a few people on here have suggested these guys: vwcruise.com

I'm also in the market for an RNS-E, noticed on ebay few if any are stating the model year letter. Not sure of software upgrades so what would be considered the oldest model to buy or dosen't it matter??

i bought mine for my 1st A3 about 2 years ago from ebay from topsatnav, good seller and helped me out with the install also.....
Same here - also bought from topsatnav and was able to collect in person from Hanwell in West London. He was able to demo the unit working for me before I took it home as well and I've never had any problems with it since buying it in November 2006.
kris said:
I'm also in the market for an RNS-E, noticed on ebay few if any are stating the model year letter. Not sure of software upgrades so what would be considered the oldest model to buy or dosen't it matter??
It doesn't matter which age RNS-E you buy - the firmware is upgradable. I recall when I bought mine, it had version 0080 but I have since upgraded to 0450 and then 0550 which has TMC. 0600 and 0650 are now available (I downloaded the latter but haven't installed it yet).

DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU SOLD IT AND IT WAS OUT OF THE CAR ALREADY?

I will be selling mine in just over 2 weeks time- it's only a few months old and in MINT condition- had it supplied and fitted by S8craig. If you're still in the market for one by then, get in touch.

i think the latest model is with the letter Q on the end.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8P0 035 192 Q[/FONT]

Rather than start my own thread thought I'd ask in here.

I've got an A4 with RNS-E at the moment. I've never been bothered about it before but have noticed that the radio quality is much better than my Concert headunit. The only problem is the speakers dont go very loud but I guess its because they aren't BOSE.

What do other people think that have installed the RNS-E with BOSE? Big improvement to the sound or not?

I'm not bothered about the Nav side of it TBH as I have a TomTom which is miles better in that respect on the odd occasion I need it.

The RNS-E is the same. The BOSE option has different speakers, amp and sub-woofer. BOSE does sound better than the standard option IMO.

Guys one quick question about the RNS-e retrofit.

I changed the position of my GPS antenna cause i had a very low signal.
The thing is that the GPS Antenna sits now only on its magnet near the passenger airvent.
Do you think it will hold only on the magnet or should i use something else to make it stick better?

mine is stuck on top of the inside of the glovebox with a mirror pad, signal seems fine.

I had been driving around slightly miffed that the DIS was showing the compass and not normal funcions till I realised I could switch it off in one of the menus without needing VagCom lol

My signal has been extremely better in the new position than the old one.

But im still concerned about the position and the magnet thingy.
Did anyone else have any problems with his antenna falling off, when it was just attached with the magnet?

BOSE does sound better than the standard option IMO.

the Mac would argue that one, lol, Isaac still not finished that Bose upgrade?

I'm in the south if install needed, I actually preferred oem style sharkfin so installed mine.

the Mac would argue that one, lol, Isaac still not finished that Bose upgrade?

Yeah I know you can do better with aftermarket kit but I just want my car to be totally OEM. Still havent finished it as am working away from home at moment. Could be next year before its finished!

Nah mate I'm the same oem preferred tbh, I'm quite happy with the Bose setup, but if your that serious into car hifi as Andy is then of course you're gonna wanna have the best, personally it does what I need & sounds fine for me, at the moment anyway, I'm not one for a car bouncing along the streets cause of the sub, cant stand that