RNS-E

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
Hi, Im picking up an Avant on Saturday and although full loaded with extra's inc Bose it doesn't have RNS-E
Has anyone had experience in having bluetooth fitted so I can connect to my phone purely for spotify or can anyone recommend a unit that isn't made from recycled sardine tins in China!

Cheers
Darren

I use this is mine. Tried a more expensive one and it was crap. I use this daily playing spotify via my phone. My rnse doesn't have bose, so you might have to check it compatible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-03-12-16-34.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-03-12-16-34.png
    227 KB · Views: 253
Thanks for that, I'd seen a couple of variants on ebay but wasn't sure if any good. As you have tried a couple and found the one that works best I'll go with that one :icon thumright:

Reactions: Ralphthemouth
I just re read your post. You don't have RNSE so the above one won't work.
I PM'ed you.

Sorry another question!
If I'm fitting an RSN-E unit to a car that has the I think concert unit at present, what do I do about the Sat-Nav and an ariel?
From what I can see in the car advert (don't pick it up till Saturday) there isn't a "sharks fin" on the roof like my previous A4 had which had the RSN-E fitted from the factory..
Pic attached from advert trying to show current set up lol!

Buy the adapter set with gps and aerial adapter. Gps goes behind the glove box up near the windscreen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-05-16-27-02.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-05-16-27-02.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 247
Many thanks 0nce again Ralph!
Been trying to get hold of the local auto electrician all day to ask him..

Update!
So I've fitted both of the above items to my RSN-e unit, the sat nav is working fine via the gps aerial being mounted on the top left corner of the dash but the bluetooth isn't fully functional. It's all wired in correctly and flashing blue light is on, my phone and other devices can find and link up to it but it's nowhere to be found on the head unit, now the previous owner of the HU had bluetooth working on it for his phone via a MFSW so I know it's capable.
Do I need to get the Aux function on the HU "activated" for it to show up?

*** I'm going to bin this lot in a minute!!!

So I've had a guy go in with VAG Com and activate the AUX port, my phone finds the bluetooth adapter and connects, when I connect to it the music on the phone goes quiet but carries on playing in the player so I'm assuming that it has definitely connected to the head unit, but still no sign of a bluetooth logo on the head unit and no music coming through the speakers!!! Arghhhhhhh
The image is my head unit when it was in the previous owners car, logo can be seen for bluetooth...

The one you recommend above, it's all good now though!
Totally random, I couldn't leave it so thought I'd stick some music on an sd card, went into the cd source menu where you have the choices of sd card or cd and stuck the card in. Picked card and yeah I'd managed to mess that up too as no music on there so took the card out and closed the screen only to see the Aux option suddenly appear, opened spotify on the phone and pressed play and sorted!
Definitely wasn't there before as id specifically gone there looking for it several times :cower:

Hi lads sorry to jump on this thread where you getting the power off which pin??
This is for the above adapter!

Sorry mate couldn't tell you as I got an auto electrician to fit mine....plus I no longer have the car!

I used KL30 on the radio. It is constant 12v but I was using the car daily and always charging the battery. It was fine for up to 5 days no use with a 4+ year old battery. Any longer than 7 days and it was a gamble. Now its a second car and I've taken it out as its not getting the use I once gave it. You could always search for the cigarette lighter wiring or from the fuse box if your more bothered than I was.