RNS-e won't switch on

M88JCP

Reaction score
Hi everyone

REALLY worried, my RNS-e system was on and working today but then switched itself off and now it won't turn back on. I've checked the fuse on the back of the unit but it seems to be o.k. and after looking at my user book as my climate unit etc is still working i don't think it is the main fuse, can somebody please help me or have any idea's?

Your help is greatly appreciated as always, thankyou

Check the power feed for voltage with ignition on & off.

Check all fuses even under the hood as I had same thing & I think it was under the hood that turned mine of.

Thanks mate, have to try that before i go to audi to test my unit.. do you happen to know if they will charge me for this?

Think about the question a little more mate, lol.

As your car is 2007 its likely to be under 3 years old ? in which case its under guarantee .

My comment was based on the fact audi charge for almost everything, thats why I said think about a bit more mate. :icon_thumright:

As your car is 2007 its likely to be under 3 years old ? in which case its under guarantee .

Not if it was retrofitted.

My comment was based on the fact audi charge for almost everything, thats why I said think about a bit more mate. :icon_thumright:

Yeh abit of common sense clicked after i asked :wacko:

Not if it was retrofitted.

It was retofitted as my car originaly came with a double din concert unit... after which i sold so has left me up a creak without a paddle if the unit has blown...:crying:

It was a fuse under the bonnet thanks NHN your a real gentleman:icon_thumright:

result !
plenty of help about on here mate, never use the stealer !
glad your sorted