RNS-E with SW version : X

Marius87

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls.

Retrofitted a RNS-E and looks great compared too the concert 1din.

BUT: When i press the car button it says SW : X.

Looks strange too me, the code card looks genuine from Audi.

Is it pin hacked? hence the SW:X ?

(Excuse the grammar, native language is norwegian)

Someone has probably loaded SDS software onto it.

If you do an Autoscan on your car it should tell you the software in your rnse uf it hadn't been hacked.
Sds (
speach dialogue system) )

So probabably its been hacked.

Anyone know what will happen if i upgrade the software?
Will it require a new code?
Got it with a codecard thats looks genuine

Can you not down grade SW first see if it allows that if so reset unit and see if the older SW is there if do do t upgrade.
That way u will see if it will allow you to grade down / up

Yes, but any idea of what will happen to the 4 digit code? Will it go back to factorycode? If so the unit is worthless.

There is no FM anymore in Norway, so they go for free. If its without code, i can throw IT in the bin. Retrofitted it because i want the original look

Tbh thats not something i would know as i have a genuine 4 digit code, the only thing i coild think off was to hook it upto another model and when it asks for code put your one in and see if it accepts it . Then reinstall back into your car

Just a word of warning mate...I bought a secondhand MK2 RNS-E with a code and it didn't need the code put in when I first fitted it but when I downgraded the software to code for my car the unit codelocked...

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...d-my-baby-is-home.261997/page-12#post-3273648

If you are worried it might be worth getting a company to get the 4 digit pincode from the 'AUZ' number on your unit.I used these people...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-Rad...h=item2eeb22b0ea:g:e6UAAOSwG0lanvrZ:rk:8:pf:0

They were very helpful and the code they gave me was different to the one I received with my unit which told me something was wrong.I couldn't get the unit to accept either 4 digit code.

Luckily I found a place to unlock it for £90 that was in the UK.They told me mine had been hacked before.

hth