RNS-E (Where To Buy)

MarcQuinlivan

Reaction score
Website
audiretrofit.quinlivan.net
I'm looking at buying an RNS-E (put some overtime money to good use!).

Anybody got any recommendations on where to buy?

I've been looking on EBay and have come across a couple of UK based dealers (ultimate-velocity being one with a few for sale). There's loads in Lithuania, but I've heard mixed reports. Has anybody dealt with anyone on EBay that would recommend, or even non-EBay dealers?

Nikin777 on e bay a few of us have used him/her on here with no problems, bank transfer only for payment but recent units that look brand new with no problems and fast delivery!

JamS3 said:
Nikin777 on e bay a few of us have used him/her on here with no problems, bank transfer only for payment but recent units that look brand new with no problems and fast delivery!
Thanks, I'll check him out later. Bank transfer is no worry, I can do that online.

I thought that too, but not to Lithuania....

You may also want to check out Kufatec.de they used to sell new units.

I bought my RNS-E from topsatnav on eBay. The guy is based in West London and after winning the auction, I collected it from his home. He had a small 12V harness in his lounge to power the unit up and demonstrate that it worked which was good.

If vendors like him are willing to allow collection in person, they must be fairly geniune and also have confidence in what they are selling. And of course, all the postage cost me was the diesel to get there from Herts. Highly recommended.

benw123 said:
I bought my RNS-E from topsatnav on eBay. The guy is based in West London and after winning the auction, I collected it from his home. He had a small 12V harness in his lounge to power the unit up and demonstrate that it worked which was good.

If vendors like him are willing to allow collection in person, they must be fairly geniune and also have confidence in what they are selling. And of course, all the postage cost me was the diesel to get there from Herts. Highly recommended.
Yeah almost bought from him last year when I was looking for a MFD2 as a birthday present for my Dad's GTI. He was very helpful - answered my questions about the unit - where it came from, etc. I ended up getting outbid in the end and bought elsewhere.

I'll keep an eye out and see if he has anything.

Still looking around, so if anyone comes across anything, let me know.

Thought I found a winner with this

UK registered seller, but when I asked a few questions and got a reply mail I checked it out and the mail came from a computer in Lithuania.

If he's not saying he's from Lithuania I'd be a bit dubious, although he does take paypal and it has 1000 euro worth of protection.

Anybody had any dealings with 25bigben25?