RNS-E Update Software.

terrymcg

Reaction score
I have the newest software for the RNS-E which is 0500 as opposed to 0460 on a CD. PM me if anyone wants the disc sent to them or I can if you want e mail you the files, then you just have to burn them as a data CD and play it in the unit and it will automatically update.

Not sure whats in the update, i know for sure it contains all the S3, RS4, TT etc start up screens.

Terry.

I thought the newest software was version 0550?

The latest is 0550 but this on the two 2007 DVDs. The 2006_1 DVD came with software 0460, and 0500 was available on a separate CD (I know, because I'm running 0500 right now!).

I think 0550 is the software that comes on the 2007 nav discs, the discs that have TMC enabled.

0500 was never released on a DVD, just an inbetween type thing that is to be updated by CD.

Dont quote me on this though, I am only going on the info from the navplus forum.

Terry

Just added the same time as Ben, sorry for replicating!!

marriedblonde said:
I'm assuming this software/update is shareware that your offering around on the forum... ;)

They are offering a firmware update, not NAV disks, so I dont think there is a problem with it.

WOW, my cars is Oct 2006 reg will I have the 550 firmware already installed? Cos I would love to get the TMC working. (And when you say working do you mean not just in Germany?)

Cheers

No, your car will be 0500 and no TMC, but should be eligible for the freeby or (yet to be decided if there is a charge) update from Audi.

Sweet thanks craig, so how would i go about installing this firmwARE? I'm guessing you insert the disk and tell the unit that there is a update on the disk?

They've already clearly stated the upgrade will be free of charge and, although it's not 100% clear what age of vehicle will be covered, an Oct 2006 will have no problems getting sorted for free.

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
Sweet thanks craig, so how would i go about installing this firmwARE? I'm guessing you insert the disk and tell the unit that there is a update on the disk?
You simply insert the DVD! The RNS-E recognises the new software and will begin installing it. The unit usually reboots twice during the install - just be patient and it will complete by itself. All your settings are preserved too.

Have just heard from Audi Aberdeen that I can have the TMC update FOC until July then it will be £200+