RNS-E SD Cards

I think 32GB is way larger than you need. Remember that each SD card has a limit of 512 files or folders, so unless you're ripping at an incredibly high rate, you're unlikely to use all that space up. Plus, larger cards take longer to read on the RNS-E. My advice would be to use cards up to 4GB; 8GB also works, but again only for tracks at higher MP3 bitrates.

2GB is about right for 400 standard bitrate MP3 files

I have 4Gb cards in mine, but only manage about 3gb until I hit the 400 file limit.

Yup...SDHC cards dont work. Yo will get all you need (512 files per card) on two 2GB cards.

The largest SD card that you can buy is 4 gigabytes anything larger than this is SDHC cards.

I use two Transcend 4GB 150x SD cards with my RNS-E which gives total 8 gigabyte storage. I mostly have extended version of song ripped at a high bit rate. I’ve found that I’ve filled up the card before hitting the limit of the number of files that can be stored on the card.

For example Cornershop‘s Brimful of Asha is 7 minute 35 Seconds long sampled at 320kps the file size is 17.3MB.

There is a good article on Wikipedia regarding SD cards for more info on the subject.

Just be careful with 4Gb as some are are also SDHCs, but yes as per Xpower all > 4Gb is SDHC.

I use 4GB cards & works fine for me, I wouldnt bother above this given time taken to read them aswell, the readers in the RNS have never been updated which is crappy huh