RNS-E scratch removal

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have managed to put a very fine scratch on the screen of my RNS-E unfortunately. It's only visible when the unit is off and under certain light but it's still bugging me.

I have seen there are many products on the market for phones/ipods etc such as Displex, iDrops and Applesauce. Also I understand that the screen has an anti-glare coating which is what is actually scratched.

Can anyone recommend a product they have actually used on their own RNS-E that should at least make it less noticeable?

Cheers!

Yes a guy over on audiforums.us did it with meguiars plastic cleaner like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390009301987

I have same issue so was gonna do as he did, takes the matt finish of & gives a shiny gloss screen instead, but he said it hasnt caused any reflective issues, but dont hold me to that be he wasnt alone as another did it to IIRC & both said was good.

Yeah I read that thread too but even though he says it's ok I don't really want to do that. I just want to get rid of the scratch but leave the coating on.

If the meguiars is non abrasive then it must contain chemicals to desolve the plastic. That's what I'm afraid of as I don't know how strong it is. But if he has got rid of the entire anti-glare coating it must be pretty damn strong!

Not really mate, cause its a very thin coating anyway & if its scratched you wont get the scratch of tbh without going down to the glossy screen IMHO, but I always like to be proved wrong of course

Ok I'll try some displex then and post the results.