Rns-e sat nav update

Robbyb

Hi all

Does anyone have the 2017 sat nav and firmware update for a 2007 rns-e on an Audi A4 estate. Also I don't think it's ever been updated so can I put the 2017 update and firmware straight on or do I need previous updates first.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlcall

VCDS Map User
Where abouts are you based in the country @Robbyb as I have the latest 2017 disc and there was no update for the installed firmware I had on both my Mk1 & 2 RNS-e units.

Robbyb

Where abouts are you based in the country @Robbyb as I have the latest 2017 disc and there was no update for the installed firmware I had on both my Mk1 & 2 RNS-e units.

Hi carl

I'm in Kent buddy. That would be awesome. Happy to pay for the discs or pay you to use them.

Rob

carlcall

VCDS Map User
The only problem with my Mk1 RNS-e is that after 20 minutes or so it throws a wobbler and says the disc is unreadable yet it works perfectly in the Mk2.

If there is no one down your way send me a PM and I'm sure I can help you out one way or another pal.

Robbyb

The only problem with my Mk1 RNS-e is that after 20 minutes or so it throws a wobbler and says the disc is unreadable yet it works perfectly in the Mk2.

If there is no one down your way send me a PM and I'm sure I can help you out one way or another pal.

That's really kind of you. I'm assuming mines the mk1 then? Can I put the mk2 in mine?

carlcall

VCDS Map User
If it has a MEDIA button instead of the CD button or a gloss black surround on the screen it's a Mk2 but it will probably be the Mk1.

Mine came out of an A3 and I swapped the front of it over.