RNS-E Radio code questions ....

GavConner

Reaction score
Good morning all

I've been offered a RNS-E from a chap who is breaking an A3

I currently have a single din so he's throwing in the double din cage and the cupholder, hazard lights, ESP and blank buttons. He is also giving me the wireing loom and a 2006 navigations DVD.

I'll need to buy a GPS but I understand they are a tenner so thats cool ... anything else?

ALSO ............ he has not got is the Sat Nav code ?

So here's my questions .... has the RNS-E got a code that needs entering when you install it ? If so is it a case of the previous owner calling Audi and asking them for it ?

Thank you :)

Get the VIN number from the A3 being broken and that should be enough, but they may also ask for the serial number of the RNS-E, this is accessible from VAG COM when the unit is powered up in a car or if you upgrade the nav unit to 2008 SW it is displayed on the front screen.

It depends on the dealer you speak to, they all seem to have different requirements for radio codes.

Get the VIN number from the A3 being broken and that should be enough, but they may also ask for the serial number of the RNS-E, this is accessible from VAG COM when the unit is powered up in a car or if you upgrade the nav unit to 2008 SW it is displayed on the front screen.

It depends on the dealer you speak to, they all seem to have different requirements for radio codes.

Thanks mate, Info is really appreciated !

How easy is it to upgreade the software to the 2008 version and whats new in it from 2006 ?

Gav