RNS-e radio code help please

dt-tdi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm in the middle of fitting a desion radio kit in my car.
I've just connected the dension harness and powered up the radio and now its asking for a radio code? It has never done this before when I have removed the stereo?
I've had a look through all the documentation that I have got but I can't find a 4 digit code for the radio grrrrr.
Can it be retrieved through vcds?
Having spoken to my local dealership, they want £25 of my hard earnt cash to supply the code!
Is there any way around this please?

If its lost canbus, then it can't compare vin no. stored, so question is, are canbus wires connected or is the dension also using canbus for any reason & not allowing pass through of data if its wired in/out & not alongside.

If its lost canbus, then it can't compare vin no. stored, so question is, are canbus wires connected or is the dension also using canbus for any reason & not allowing pass through of data if its wired in/out & not alongside.
Sorry, your reply is a bit technical for me.
I was under the impression the dension was a plug and play add on to the RNS-e with bose.
I've had the stereo out of the car on numerous occasions and never been asked for the radio code but as soon as I've hooked up the Dension harness and powered up it is now asking for it???
The only thing different from standard is there is a 6 pack cd changer in the boot, this was already fitted when I bought the car.
I do have vcds which you supplied me with after I bought my car :) but as stated above my technical skills are a tad limited.

Try to logon to navigation module 37 in vcds, if it won't connect then the Navy is not getting the network connection to the car, thus asks for pin code & suspect wiring issue.

if you connect it up with the dension removed does it do it?

Try to logon to navigation module 37 in vcds, if it won't connect then the Navy is not getting the network connection to the car, thus asks for pin code & suspect wiring issue.
After a bit of digging around it turned out there was a fault with the Dension loom which has now been rectified.
Do any values need to be changed via vcds Nigel? As I'm getting a coulple of faults showing during a full scan now?

Anyone?
Also the iPod remains powered up with the dension lead even with the ignition off?