RNS-E nav plus

S3eddiet

Reaction score
hi,
i have the above in my S3 and was trying to get the nav CD to come out of the unit but it wont eject :( any eiders on this?

also,
i am trying to get some music in the car other than the radio, i have the ipod connection in glove box but i dont use apple and have the galaxy s5, is there anyway to blue tooth my music to the stereo or any connections i could get to make the ipod dock fit the galaxy s5?

and finally,
i have some sdhc 2g and 4g cards, will these work in the head unit and i think i heard somewhere that the file has to read mp3 ant the end or start of it but not sure so any info would be great :)

thanks

DVD is probably locked in, needs recoding to allow ejection of discs.

2-4GB SD cards can be used with MP3 file formats, not sdhc cards.

Only way to stream music is to use either an aftermarket solution or upgrade the head unit & fit the audi ami system, but this wont give you track/artist/album data without using an iphone to stream from as the ami dongle only has full interaction with apple devices atm, whereas Samsung Galaxy handsets don't integrate aswell yet, this is system is fairly expensive, great system but big outlay, could always get an ipod 160GB & use that with ami.

DVD is probably locked in, needs recoding to allow ejection of discs.

2-4GB SD cards can be used with MP3 file formats, not sdhc cards.

Only way to stream music is to use either an aftermarket solution or upgrade the head unit & fit the audi ami system, but this wont give you track/artist/album data without using an iphone to stream from as the ami dongle only has full interaction with apple devices atm, whereas Samsung Galaxy handsets don't integrate aswell yet, this is system is fairly expensive, great system but big outlay, could always get an ipod 160GB & use that with ami.

i was thinking on just getting an ipod lol save some hassle haha.... thanks for the info :)

what are you connecting the IPOD with? Ive a MK1 RNS-E with ipod input and I dont see track names etc it just mimics a CD changer.

what are you connecting the IPOD with? Ive a MK1 RNS-E with ipod input and I dont see track names etc it just mimics a CD changer.

Damn, that reminds me lol.

Reactions: pablo
there is a like dock station in my glove box, looks like the ipod slides in and plugs itself into the connection at the bottom of the dock station.

which brings me to a question, do any ipods fit as in nano and so on ?

does the unit have a CD/TV or MEDIA button beside the RADIO button?

might be a later unit with AMI?

do you get track names on the RNS-E from the ipod?

pic of RNS-E 20131029 220214

i have tried a ipod nano in the connection in the glove box and it plays ok but only shows info on the unit as track 1 track 2 and so on with no names, do i need a newer ipod or a different one for the names to be displayed or is it my head unit does not support this function which is a shame, only thing that has/is letting the car down.

thats the way mine works, dummies a cd changer and pretty useless.

so what do i need to do for the tracks to be displayed, new ipod or new head unit? is there a connection that can be used?

there is a kenwood unit with some addon I believe will work or else a new RNS-E (MK2) with AMI support.