RNS-e mk2 latest software

Yeah it took me ages to get this sorted and it got very frustrating but the results are worth it. PM sent.

no problem shame u live over watford i'd come round and sort you out, as rusty said its deffo worth doing yourself, i nearly got a few people doing mine after spending hours on it but once uve got your head round it , its easy with the vast info on this forum and the people who chime in and help

Reactions: Dave@remaps
Sorry to hear you've still got problems, hopefully one of the retrofitters will be able to offer further advice.

Reactions: Dave@remaps
Well its definatly looking like its not a software problem it cost me 500 quid last week for it. For another 50 i can send it back and have them do it properly in the workshop or hazzydayz have said they can do it for 95 il have another play tomoz and see what happens

If its not software i cant see what else it could be do you know if i wire mic up now to rns-e will my handsfree still work

I just had a thought what hardware are you lads running h06 as mines latest h07

ive got these maybe of some help to you dave .

Attention! Must be done using the wiring already mounted!
1. Enter 77 Telephone control unit Coding > > 07 change the penultimate value of the first string to 0 or xxxxx0x
This will enable the Bluetooth control with RNS-E

2. Enter the 37 Navigation Unit 10 > > Adaptation
-Channel (Cd Extraction) > and set the value then Remove your DVD Test Maps and then Save
-97 Forced Downgrade > Channel and set the value 1 and then Save
-Reset > Channel and set the value and then Save

3. at this point the rnse will restart.
After reboot check that channel 97 still has the value set to 1 in the event that it is not so rimpostatelo!

4. exit the 37 Navigation Unit and insert the CD 1 (150 software Version)
Also 5 minutes wait until the update!

5. Finish this update still wait a few seconds without touching anything because the rnse will make yet another update without progress bar and then shut off

6. then you restart off the rnse.

7. remove the CD and insert the CD 2 (220 software Version)
Also 5 minutes wait until the update!

8. Finish this update still wait a few seconds without touching anything because the rnse will make yet another update without progress bar and then shut off

9. then you restart off the rnse.

10. Enter 37 Navigation Unit 10 > > Adaptation
-Voice Control > Channel and set the 3 Test Value and then Save
-Reset > Channel and set the value and then Save

11. at this point the rnse will restart.

12. After restart go on car Setup > > > Options Voice Controls > > english Language

13. restart the rnse by holding down the power button for at least 20 seconds
(until you hear a noise coming from the speakers)

14. enter in channel 37 Navigation > Adaptation 10 >
Check that the channel Voice Control has kept the value > 3

15. Make a scan with the Vag and erase mistakes (you several telephone steering wheel commands Ships obviously Radio)

16. remove the 2 CD and insert your maps

End

I recommend do not switch off during updates ever!

mines same as yours mate

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 8E0-035-192-RNSE.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 035 193 H HW: 8P0 035 193 H
Component: RNS-E PU EU H07 0220

just looking at your log u shouldnt have

1 Fault Found:
01301 - Control Module for Voice Recognition (J507)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 52
Mileage: 142872 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.10.02
Time: 21:48:08
disable that you havnt got the sds hardware its a software hack

also you have the coding pin error i'm assuming youve got bose looking at your coding
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/coding-pin-fault.81466/

your telephone coding is wrong for sds yours is :

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 Q HW: 8P0 862 335 Q
Component: FSE_255x BT H26 0350
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000005260093
Coding: 0011422 <---------------------------------------------------------------- for sds it needs to be 0011402
Shop #: WSC 00408 210 87194
VCID: 448DBF060748333EFF5-8011

0xxxx?x: Language (Voice Control)
  • 0 = Voice Control OFF OR via external Device (e.g. RNS-E)

After being led to believe this SDS upgrade was not possible on a mk2 RNSe I'm glad you guys have cracked it but it's made me even more keen to do it.
I don't own a VCDS cable, even though it seems a must for any upgrade so unfortunately completing this SDS upgrade is a non starter. I've seen Hazydays mentioned a few times around the forum so looking at their website they offer the service but as usual they are approx half a country away in distance.
So I've got 2 questions for you guys, firstly are any of you near Hereford or The Midlands and secondly, are you prepared to do this for me? I'd obviously travel to you and pay for the privilege, plus bring cake.

Many thanks.

i live in cardiff with full vcds, i'd be happy to help with the coding

Reactions: buz
Unfortunately not but there is NHN on this forum who is a pro retrofitter and I'm pretty sure travels to you, send him a PM

Reactions: buz
your telephone coding is wrong for sds yours is :

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 Q HW: 8P0 862 335 Q
Component: FSE_255x BT H26 0350
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000005260093
Coding: 0011422 <---------------------------------------------------------------- for sds it needs to be 0011402
Shop #: WSC 00408 210 87194
VCID: 448DBF060748333EFF5-8011

0xxxx?x: Language (Voice Control)
  • 0 = Voice Control OFF OR via external Device (e.g. RNS-E)
yeah iv done that but lose the ptt button then it does not nothing so i put it back to phone so easy to make calls. regardless of all this coding sds menu is not in sat nav so still not on there. iv taken bose pin out as makes the bose level higher and sub has more oomph.

just looking at your log u shouldnt have

1 Fault Found:
01301 - Control Module for Voice Recognition (J507)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 52
Mileage: 142872 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2014.10.02
Time: 21:48:08
disable that you havnt got the sds hardware its a software hack

also you have the coding pin error i'm assuming youve got bose looking at your coding
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/coding-pin-fault.81466/
yeah that is in auto hvac god knows why
That comes up when i set voice control to rns-e

Last edited:
After being led to believe this SDS upgrade was not possible on a mk2 RNSe I'm glad you guys have cracked it but it's made me even more keen to do it.
I don't own a VCDS cable, even though it seems a must for any upgrade so unfortunately completing this SDS upgrade is a non starter. I've seen Hazydays mentioned a few times around the forum so looking at their website they offer the service but as usual they are approx half a country away in distance.
So I've got 2 questions for you guys, firstly are any of you near Hereford or The Midlands and secondly, are you prepared to do this for me? I'd obviously travel to you and pay for the privilege, plus bring cake.

Many thanks.
im in watford your welcome to try these discs and see if it works with yours iv got vcds

I'm going to go and have a play now its not dark and see what i can do

This is the sds versions in my engineering menu

Attachments

• 20141005_112800.jpg
    20141005_112800.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 529
  • 20141005_112836.jpg
    20141005_112836.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 514
im in watford your welcome to try these discs and see if it works with yours iv got vcds
Kind offer but it's similar distance to Hazydays at St Albans, thanks very much though!
Good luck with your install.

Done down grade and upgrade seems to be doing more this time iv had first update bar now doing second update without a bar not had this before

i write @ minimum 4x is the lowest i can write cd-r's

Il try writing it at lower speed see if that helps but its still not come up on screen iv just got codes of intermittant control module for voice control signal since iv set to rns-e but havent joined mic wires in till i know sds is on nav

intermittant control module for voice control signal is the sds module which you dont have .
go into can gateway and see if the mic* is checked if it is uncheck it as i'm sure you dont have it

It doesnt come up with that fault until i code telephone from 0011422 to 0011402
Il have a look in gateway

No other wiring has to be moved about when going from symphony to rns-e does it apart from bose witch iv disconnected and wiring mic up?

mines right down the bottom in ( installed )