RNS-E Mk2 Install - what is needed?

jsh

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm looking to upgrade to to the latest RNS-E unit with hi-res screen etc. I have searched through the forum but have not found a definitive answer for my car and current spec

I currently have a Concert double DIN unit installed with factory iPod dock in the glovebox, an AUX 3.5mm socket by the handbrake and Bose speakers.

Aside of the unit itself and a GPS antenna, what else would I need to order? and is it relatively plug and play (apart from needing to be coded in vag com). I would want so stick with Gen OEM parts where possible

Cheers
John

yup and id not bother about the gps antenna, i have the fin already installed but have only used the none oem gps antenna installed behind the glovebox, regularly picks up 6 sats on average, you really dont need to go to those lengths tbf. For the record ive considered wiring up the shark fin but for the hassle, theres not much point - this coming from someone who prefers OEM too ;)

Also you'll need to rewire the bose pin and also buy a multimedia adaptor to rewire the aux in, as that will no longer work as it is now....

other than that you need it coding.....

Once you have the RNS-E and the multi plug i can remove my unit and tell you where to change the pins to for the aux and bose, its only 4 to change in total

Last edited:
Adam, that guide doesnt show what he needs to do for the aux pins, the rest of it seems fine though...although let me check where the Bose pin is as mentioned in my post, seem to remember it being different on the facerlift model.....making that guide mostly redundant (no offense)

same old story bud, Audi changing things for sake of it.....almost certain my recent install required it in a dif place to the guide in the FAQs section

Thanks guys for your help so far. ANything else you deem helpful would be very much appreciated

that will be taken care of when its coded....dont worry bout that, just make sure you tell the chap coding ;)

The antenna system will be different which may then suffer from degraded signal.

I do these install if ever interested.