RNS-E mk 2 or aftermarket

Hammerheads

Reaction score
Hi,

As per this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...h-west-with-vcds-to-help.250822/#post-2533035 I'm having problems with a battery drain. Looks like my RNS-E isn't seeing the bluetooth module and therefore never powers down fully. I'm having to pull the radio fuse every day to prevent a flat battery.

So, bluetooth issues aside, I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to an RNS-E mk 2 or looking at something aftermarket. I like the actual look and interface of the RNS-E satnav but it's painfully slow and doesn't reroute on the fly very well. I have seen a few Android head units but don't think Google maps is gonna cut it for satnav so ideally looking for something from Alpine or Pioneer that would still allow me to use the steering wheel controls and preferably issue turn by turn commands over the car speakers, adjust music volume accordingly when I'm getting driving directions etc. My experience thus far with Audi head units is not good

Does anyone have recommendations for a double din head unit by Alpine or Pioneer or is it worth staying OEM?

i choose 2 years ago Rns-s mk2 . she look smart, there is now for 30 quid 7 digit postcode sat/nav disc Sd card 60Gb .... What else you need in your car ? you can plug Aux adapter if you haven't got bluetooth and i recon this is more than enough! Let me know if you want some pictures to show you how is look mine - chrome buttons with piano black surround