RNS-E, Kufatec AMI with a Rhapsody HDD Media Player - Anyone fitted this?

BigRD

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'll be picking up my A4 B7 in a couple of weeks and after a few hours of searching I came across a post over at http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61892&postdays=0&postorder=asc

This gives details of an RNS-E using a Kufatec AMI with a Rhapsody HDD Media Player controlled via the RNS/MFSW controls. This would put my complete music collection on a hard drive in the car with a selection of films. Anyone fitted this or something similar?

You are, of course, correct. Typo :yes:

Which of the Rhapsody players do you find operate best with the RNS-E controls? There appears to be some debate on the 110 and 300 not working properly although they are listed in the latest compatability list. Have you been able to source the RSH-250? It looks nice and compact for fitting in the glove box.

Also where do you take the power supply from?

Thanks

I have used the 100's and 300's. I Prefer the 100's as they have a better audio stage (louder) than the 300, the 110 is also OK.

I have no experience of the 250.

As for power, well you need a switched live from the fuse box.

Cheers for the info. Do you find the 110 works fine from the RNS-E? It's the most easily available player in the UK.

Audi's are new to me so I've a steep learning curve to achieve with regards to the electrics. I'm an electrical engineer and a dab hand with PC's so none of this should be above my capabilities. Can you point me in the right direction as to ignition switched power?

Hi

Looking a doing the same.

Do you need to enable VIM first ?

You only need to enable VIM if you want to be able to see the Rhapsody display whilst driving. This is my prefered choice. My IMA cable has arrived so I just need to buy the rhapsody.