RNS-E install question

Sinny71

S55 LKS
Reaction score
I'm probably being a muppet here but I have read through loads of posts on here and Navplus.us and I'm still not 100% sure on the diversity thingy.

Am I right in thinking that I remove the yellow outer casing from the plug already attached to the Concert II in the car. Then I put that innr plug into the 2nd socket on the new antenna adapter..??

All seems straight forward enough but cant help thinking I'm getting mixed up or missing something.

And apologies in advance if I'm just being really stupid.

thats right if you have a look on the gallery there a rns-e install with a photo regarding this

I don't see what the problem is, one is for the aerial and one is for the diversity antenna.

Sussed it now, what's it they say about a picture being worth a thousand words..??

That picture is from my own install. If you haven't already, click the "RNS-E sat nav" link in my signature below. I was also a bit confused with the diversity antenna, but when you've got all the bits in front of you it starts to make sense. I also put some extra detail on it in my write-up.

Thanks mate, thats a very useful thread. Things aren't quite as straightforward for me as I've go a sinle Din Concert II at the minute. But I'll get it sorted I'm sure