RNS-E Coding

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi all, well I picked up my white Sportback BE today, and I've been installing my RNS-E this afternoon. :rockwoot:

All went well apart from a bit of coding, I have Bluetooth installed from build, for the coding on 56 (nav system) what value do I need to have in 0xxx?xx: telephone/telematics? At the moment it is 7 baseplate diagnostic capable with diagnostic. I can not access any of my contacts, dialled list etc they are all greyed out.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Can you upload some pics of your car? I'm picking mine up on the 1st september and cant wait but have loads to fit on it before i 'pick it up'.

Don't know then mate, I haven't got Bluetooth so wasn't an issue I had to sort...

Not sure if you got my PM, anyhow you won't get contacts, dialled numbers etc etc until you code you telephone module 77.
You need to code for comfort control via RNS-e, also the installation list needs to be coded. Should be something like this

Module 77> 7 coding

0x?xxxx
1=Comfort (for RNS-E high/Low)

0xxx?xx
3=Head Unit (e.g RNS-E) & Diagnostics via CAN (if you DO NOT have a MFSW)
or
4=Multi Function Steering Wheel & Head unit (e.g. RNS-E) & Diagnostics vai CAN

When done, you need to reboot the RNS-E, i think, can't quite remeber, but you hold the power and the top left button.
You should then find the RNS-E connects to your phone via bluetooth and gives all contacts, dialled numbers etc etc.

Last edited:
Just got your PM now cheers for the offer! Ill try it again tomorrow and let u know! Will i get a little bluetooth symbol in the RNSe?

Last edited:
Just got your PM now cheers for the offer! Ill try it again tomorrow and let u know! Will i get a little bluetooth symbol in the RNSe?

I did the following coding to get mine working (RNS-E Mk2 + Bluetooth in an S3):

CAN Gateway – tick the Telephone module
Radio/Navigation – 0209755
Telephone – 0011422

As already mentioned you must turn on the "comfort" mode to make the phonebook work.

When it's all working you should get a bluetooth icon and see the phone signal strength displayed at the bottom of the Sat Nav screen.

I did the following coding to get mine working (RNS-E Mk2 + Bluetooth in an S3):

CAN Gateway – tick the Telephone module
Radio/Navigation – 0209755
Telephone – 0011422

As already mentioned you must turn on the "comfort" mode to make the phonebook work.

When it's all working you should get a bluetooth icon and see the phone signal strength displayed at the bottom of the Sat Nav screen.

Did you tick the navigation module in the CAN gateway?

Did you tick the navigation module in the CAN gateway?

Yes, you definitely need that ticked.
The coding I posted earlier was from when I added the Bluetooth (already had the RNS-E installed) which is why it wasn't mentioned.

Right the telephone module is coded 0011422, the rnse is coded 0209755 and radio, navigation and telephone are coded to the CAN gateway, how ever i am still not able to access my phonebook from rnse and i dont have a little bluetooth symbol at the bottom of the screen!????

IMG_1004.jpg

Any more ideas???

Right the telephone module is coded 0011422, the rnse is coded 0209755 and radio, navigation and telephone are coded to the CAN gateway, how ever i am still not able to access my phonebook from rnse and i dont have a little bluetooth symbol at the bottom of the screen!????

Any more ideas???

You need to reboot your RNS-e

Have you actually paired the phone to the car's Bluetooth? You have to search for Bluetooth accessories on the phone and it should find an Audi one then just enter the passcode to pair them (think it's 1234).

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you've done this!