RNS-E Bluetooth adapter (music streaming)

Daniel M

Reaction score
I fitted just the aux adaptor to my rnse a couple of months back. Works excellent and fully integrated into the rnse so looks "proper". I opted for the cheaper £6.50 version as i couldn't justify spending £40-50 for the same thing from kufatec. You just need your rnse software version to be 650 or above i believe. Then recode in vag.com for the menu displaying "AUX".

This is the one i bought.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/253718222848

Reactions: Daniel M
Thanks mate. Is the software update the same as updating the maps and is this just done by using the newest disc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Is the software update the same as updating the maps and is this just done by using the newest disc?

Yep done via map update. I picked my 2018 19 up from ebay for about £15.

Keep an eye out with the update disc as i believe only some contain speed camera waring and full postcode entry.

If you need any help with the install give me a shout

Alex

Reactions: Daniel M
Yep done via map update. I picked my 2018 19 up from ebay for about £15.

Keep an eye out with the update disc as i believe only some contain speed camera waring and full postcode entry.

If you need any help with the install give me a shout

Alex

Will do mate, much appreciated.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Does this adaptor replace the cd changer?

It goes into this port on the rnse if that helps? I’m not sure it’s a replacement for the cd changer...

fd4c600c1981f4c6bc5da91baf871f95.jpg

yeah just wondered if thats the same port as the cd changer
I'll pull it out and look. also need to check software.

its a different port to the CD changer.
I found the aux in sound quality to be quite poor.
Ended up getting a DAB adapter with BT integrated - the signal is transmitted to the rns-e on an FM channel which I found the quality to be much better.
Not this one but something similar https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase...m1a39aa3b2d:g:qsQAAOSwfvlbxFnI&frcectupt=true

Mike

Could it be music quality? Ive found some music ripped of YouTube can be poor quality and quite. Generally as good as the standard cd/ radio ive found

just my experience with a hard wired aux in resulted in quiet and poor quality streamed music.
Same music and source streamed through a BT adapter that transmits an FM frequency gave better results.

Could be any number of reasons but I found the DAB adapter to be best for me for quality.

YMMV

ta
Mike

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
just my experience with a hard wired aux in resulted in quiet and poor quality streamed music.
Same music and source streamed through a BT adapter that transmits an FM frequency gave better results.

Could be any number of reasons but I found the DAB adapter to be best for me for quality.

YMMV

ta
Mike
Hi Mike do u just plug and play no coding for the BT u are showing link for ans it works for calls and music.. does work through steering wheel controls. Thanks