RNS-e aux in help needed.

amarcare

Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't got a clue about auto wiring and when i search for this subject i can't understand exactly what to do, and i don't really want to do something wrong to the wiring on the back of the unit i have installed.

So, i have the later RNS-e and also have a Aux in the centre console. I had the unit installed a few years ago and it was also coded into the car. Now my wife wants to use this aux in for her iPhone when she's using the car.... and i can't stand her going on about it!!! its driving me craaazzaayyyyy :))

I also have one of those iPod interfaces in the glove box but its the old iphone/ipod connector and even when i use one of those adapters (apple old port to the new iPhone port) its not a good solution as the new iPhone/ipod sizes are thinner and whilst driving it disconnects.

So i need to get this aux in working. is this a simple job? will the radio need recoding or would it just be plug and play?
I've also read they you can buy a different socket and also to replace 3 wires into different positions. Ufff confusing,

Greatly appreciate any help.... which will in turn stop the ear ache in the left ear whilst driving.

It will not need recoding if it has been done correctly, a small wiring adjustment needs to be done though as the rnse uses a different input plug to the normal symphony. This involves taking the aux in plug out of the normal connector plug and re pinning it to suite the rnse and plug it in in the correct place. It's a simple job if you know what you are doing, if you have no idea about wiring etc then I would get a someone who does know to do it. Where do you live? There's plenty of people on here that can help you depending on your location

Hi Scott, I'm living in Italy at the moment... but i have to come back in May to get the MOT done. Swindon Wilts but could stop off somewhere on the way from Dover if any others on here are reading this.