Rns-e and oem iPod Dock

l33eth

Reaction score
Did the rnse always come with the cd changer in the glovebox or has anyone got the iPod Dock in there? I'd love to swap my disc changer for an iPod Dock but I'd like to know if it's possible so if anyone has done this please let me know. I have an oem fitted rnse on a2007 a4.

Thanks

My 07 has an oem iPod Dock in place of the CD Changer from new, but it is basic and doesn't give full control, only comes up with Cd tracks 1-99.. Not tracks or album info..
I'm Currently looking for the best way to get full ipod control through the mk1 rnse...Though not found much out yet.

I've just bought and fitted an xcarlink ipod integration system. To be honest, first impressions aren't good. Very glitchy and takes an age to start playing. Not exactly the oem feel that I wanted. It does retain the use of the CD player which I'm not even bothered about. Sending it back and opting for the dension igateway to see if that fairs any better.

I did see the xcarlinks website but wasnt convinced... Good job by the sound of it, Have you looked at the Denison products?

I have a NavTV interface on my mk1 RNSE, full integration with my iPod classic, track info, album art and the ability to play movies on the screen. It does require a VIM unlock though

Yeah from what I can see the dension kits are a much better product. The xcarlink is just too glitchy. When I turn the ignition on the unit makes the rnse change between disk 1 and the nav cd for about 45 seconds before it recognises the iPod. Very annoying when it's flashing between the 2 constantly. It's also caused the rnse to freeze a few times and I've only had it fitted for 24 hours.

Hoping to get my money back as a faulty unit and get the dension igateway. Seen one for £119 locally and I'll fit it myself.

Oh and did you need anything else apart from the interface to enable you to play straight from your iPod?

It's a shame when things don't work as they are supposed to. Hope you get it sorted, keep me updated with how you get on with the Denison please.
reload I'll have a look at that it sounds interesting

Reload. How much was that setup?

Not cheap admittedly, got it fitted by Hazzydayz, cost around 280 I think including VIM unlock (it was done start of last year). They have a demo vid on their website of an alpine system which is almost the same. Once they'd installed it the iPod was just plug and play

It's £380 on their website but navtv sell the unit for £250 but I'm unsure if it's just a plug and play system for the iPod. I've emailed them to find out. Don't suppose you know if the system works with spotify app do you?

It's fine, I'm no audiophile but do enjoy my music. Hated the OEM iPod connection that was fitted to the car when I bought it

i had the alpine unit fitted to my car.. sound quality is good - its very digital and clear...

only real issue i have with it is the background interference you get when it stops playing... like the interference you get when you fit a amp in the car and its got a bad earth connection or something..

did wanna look into this further but ended up breaking the remote so gave up in the end until i can find a decent electrical shop to repair the remote as the unit is now discontinued and cant get hold of a replacement remote!!

well worth it though in my opinion.. only reason i wanted it is due to having full control of the ipod and it does this very well