RNS-D retrofit DIS problems

cerips

Reaction score
I'm trying to retrofit an RNS-D unit into my facelifted A4 and I've hit a problem.
I've fitted the unit and the TMC module and both of these work fine but I can't get the direction to appear in the DIS.
Can anyone give me some pointers on what the vagcom coding should be for the radio, satnav and instrument.
Cheers

Fixed this on the weekend.

The CAN wires that were plugged in to the radio don't appear to communicate with the cluster. Put two pins in the grey connector in positions 5 & 6 and connected these to the TMC module. Satnav now shows directions and location on the cluster :)

,,The CAN wires that were plugged in to the radio don't appear to communicate with the cluster. Put two pins in the grey connector in positions 5 & 6 and connected these to the TMC module. Satnav now shows directions and location on the cluster :),,

i have done this and i have checked 100 times, can-H and can-L are connected correctly in cluster-TMC-nav unit but anyway i dont have any information on DIS. befor i had concert-1 and the cluster display was working and showing radio-CD-tape, now is off,
anyone can HELP for this?
CHEEEEEERS!!!!!

,,The CAN wires that were plugged in to the radio don't appear to communicate with the cluster. Put two pins in the grey connector in positions 5 & 6 and connected these to the TMC module. Satnav now shows directions and location on the cluster :),,

i have done this and i have checked 100 times, can-H and can-L are connected correctly in cluster-TMC-nav unit but anyway i dont have any information on DIS. befor i had concert-1 and the cluster display was working and showing radio-CD-tape, now is off,
anyone can HELP for this?
CHEEEEEERS!!!!!

If the wiring is correct it sounds like a coding problem.

To double check the RNS-D is talking to the TMC & the instrument cluster get the navigation screen up and hold down the AS and the down button at the same time and the communications status screen will be displayed.

Having a look through my research try the following:-

"Instrument Display/Cluster Color:
Under Module 37, Navigation, here are the specific values to enter under Channel 4 (Cluster Color). This value should be set to 1, not 0. If it is set to 0, then you will only have one line of output for radio/CD information (while navigating). This is just a minor idiosyncrasy of the Nav+ unit. This is a common issue when folks are coding their Nav+ to recognize the TMC/CAN gateway.If you instrument cluster is not displaying radio and navigation from your D-Navi, it's possible the cluster has been programmed for the simpler navigation systems. Use VAGCom and connect to Module "17 - Instruments". On the first page, check the 5 digit software coding. If the software coding is a number 16000 or higher, try removing 16000 from whatever number is in the software coding. For example, if the number is 22123, then adjust it to 6123 (22000-16000=6123). This will disable the non-CANbus method of communicating with the instrument cluster."

Last edited: