RNS-D Problems

S3 Nattie

Quattro ist für sissies
Reaction score
Hi, installed a RNS-D unit into my 2001 Audi S3 but got a few little problems. The navigation system is in another country and wont let me enter in a UK address or post code. The voice say something like im not in the digitizes network. Also when I put VAG COM on the unit, it say in the coding invalid message. I get a fault code saying no vehicle speed signal and no communication with instrument cluster which I think is to do with the Gala wiring. Also get a little box come up every time the unit is switched on ( RDS-TMC Tuner could not be established). I dont know which wires to change to get the Gala wire connected up. Any help would be great thanks Nathan

i guess way too late, but for future reference check you have correct discs, then you need vagcom to code out the TMC unit and the instrument cluster as you won't have the interface wiring for it.

try www.vwnavi.com for more info

Thanks for the advice. Its not to late as I have given up with the sat nav, still have it installed but dont know what wiring must goes from the unit to the instrument cluster and havent got a clue on how to code the sat nav correctly for my car.

You are right about the CD, not even the same country I have lol. Need to get a UK one.

Any info on the above would be great.

Nathan