Rising used car prices.

My point is that when this ban on combustion engines becomes accepted reality, these cars will become worthless except for museum pieces.
Not really
I've been discussing this and what will be happening that prices for fuel will increase and then drastically fall when fossil cars will start to ban.. But it will not be immediately it will be gradually.
And well ppl will start converting their cars to electric..
In usa, some already doing it. (mostly youtubers)
Cheap cars won't be worth converting but those who bought luxury cars will convert them.

Hopefully Hydrogen will get more press in the coming years with more money pumped into development of it.... This will then cause confusion in which technology will win out long term meaning the trusty combustion engine will be around a long time yet. All these target dates of no ICE being manufactured after 2030 (8 years only now by the way) is absolute ballz and just to please cop26 climate targets(which I doubt we will meet but that's another story.) My folks live in a terrace house in the sticks on a busy main road. No chance of guaranteed parking outside let alone finding a place to install a charger... Oh and whst about flat owners? I think the Gov think we all live in semi's with ample off road parking and unlimited options for installing a charger.

Hydrogen development would have made much more sense than EV development. Not only from an environmental view (Li-ion battery manufacturing is more damaging to the environment than diesel fuel emissions) but also consider that if we all had electric cars like they want us to, this country would be in near permanent grid black out. Electrically, assuming the scare mongers are correct in their prediction of gas supply, this country is screwed considering nearly 50% of our grid output is from gas power stations.

Hopefully Hydrogen will get more press in the coming years with more money pumped into development of it.... This will then cause confusion in which technology will win out long term meaning the trusty combustion engine will be around a long time yet. All these target dates of no ICE being manufactured after 2030 (8 years only now by the way) is absolute ballz and just to please cop26 climate targets(which I doubt we will meet but that's another story.) My folks live in a terrace house in the sticks on a busy main road. No chance of guaranteed parking outside let alone finding a place to install a charger... Oh and whst about flat owners? I think the Gov think we all live in semi's with ample off road parking and unlimited options for installing a charger.
I heard that even parking on road half way , and half way on pedestrian pavement will be banned in future and restricting cars per household.

Attachments

• pavementparking.png
    pavementparking.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 70
Hydrogen development would have made much more sense than EV development. Not only from an environmental view (Li-ion battery manufacturing is more damaging to the environment than diesel fuel emissions) but also consider that if we all had electric cars like they want us to, this country would be in near permanent grid black out. Electrically, assuming the scare mongers are correct in their prediction of gas supply, this country is screwed considering nearly 50% of our grid output is from gas power stations.
And weird thing is that they talking about us cars owners but they never mentioned planes , which releasing 30x or even more.

• 14 g of CO2 / passenger/km for the train
  • 42 g CO2 / passenger/km for a small car
  • 55 g of CO2 / passenger/km for an average car
  • 68 g CO2 /passenger/km for a bus
  • 72 g CO2 /passenger/km for a two-wheel motor
  • 285 g CO2 /passenger/km for a plane
Strangely nothing has been heard about banning them ... check this link and zoom out how many planes are 24/7 in the air.. https://www.flightradar24.com/26.59,58.67/2
I really don't see this realistic ... This will be massive conflict btw those who wants to ban it and those who doesn't so businesses.
Imagine there will be no gas stations anymore ... ? ‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh dear, what will F1 do for sponsorship if fossil fuel advertising gets banned like tobacco ads were :tearsofjoy:

And weird thing is that they talking about us cars owners but they never mentioned planes , which releasing 30x or even more.

• 14 g of CO2 / passenger/km for the train
  • 42 g CO2 / passenger/km for a small car
  • 55 g of CO2 / passenger/km for an average car
  • 68 g CO2 /passenger/km for a bus
  • 72 g CO2 /passenger/km for a two-wheel motor
  • 285 g CO2 /passenger/km for a plane
Strangely nothing has been heard about banning them ... check this link and zoom out how many planes are 24/7 in the air.. https://www.flightradar24.com/26.59,58.67/2
I really don't see this realistic ... This will be massive conflict btw those who wants to ban it and those who doesn't so businesses.
Imagine there will be no gas stations anymore ... ? ‍¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was talking to someone down the pub who knows Alan Sugar and he's developing a solar powered 6 seat personal aeroplane that can fly London to New York in 20 minutes. You will be able to buy them from Argos for £999 and will be allowed to fly them on a provisional motorbike licence.

• Haha
Reactions: AudiRace
I was talking to someone down the pub who knows Alan Sugar and he's developing a solar powered 6 seat personal aeroplane that can fly London to New York in 20 minutes. You will be able to buy them from Argos for £999 and will be allowed to fly them on a provisional motorbike licence.
How about this? imagine go to work like this :D

Reactions: Alan66
Isn’t the process of making Hydrogen extremely energy consuming though? I’m not an expert by any means but there was a news report on Japan moving towards major use of Hydrogen in the years to come, importing it all from Australia who produced it from burning coal :whistle2:

The way forward is renewable energy sources for the UK’s power moving forward, although there are new nuclear power stations being built too. Depends if the Government can keep up with the extra demand if everyone went electric.

On the topic of electric cars since I got rid of my S5 and S3 I’ve been considering electric. I test drove a mini electric the other day, great car but the battery was far too small, reckon I’d be lucky to get 100 miles out of it which isn’t any good. Plus charging wasn’t quick by the new fast charger standards. Until they get the electric car infrastructure in place and fast charge batteries become standard I think it’ll be a struggle to get the masses to convert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam14
That's the problem, infrastructure.

I work closely with WPD, SSE and UKPN in the course of my job. Their temporary generator (diesel) usage is at an all time high. The grid system, in major cities especially, is close to 100 years old if not more, it simply cannot cope with the increased demand. Out in the sticks, power is mostly supplies from overhead lines that again are decades old and not designed for the current demand. On top of that, our generation output is less than 70% of demand so we import from France. Several coal power stations have had to be recommissioned in the last couple of years, Ratcliffe on Soar being one example. Solar and wind power are just not reliable enough being dependent on weather conditions. We have very little hydro generation and nuclear makes up about 15% of our output. Nuclear itself has its issues, not to mention a hushed up leak at Didcot back in the mid 90's.......

Nuclear itself has its issues, not to mention a hushed up leak at Didcot back in the mid 90's.......

What? Given that Didcot A (now closed) was a coal fired plant all its life and that Didcot B is a gas fired CCGT this makes no sense what ever.

Nuclear itself has its issues, not to mention a hushed up leak at Didcot back in the mid 90's.......

What? Given that Didcot A (now closed) was a coal fired plant all its life and that Didcot B is a gas fired CCGT this makes no sense what ever.
Sorry, my bad. It was at Harwell, south of Oxford. Half asleep this morning and didn't check what I'd written.

Looking at the rising car prices, why is S4 B9 cheaper than S3 8V? Is it because of the similar performance for lower maintenance costs?

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

How about this? imagine go to work like this :D

We have an old airfield where I work, years back a guy asked if he could use it to come to work in his microlight aircraft, as it would greatly reduce his 1.5 hour drive time each way, they said no!

Looking at the rising car prices, why is S4 B9 cheaper than S3 8V? Is it because of the similar performance for lower maintenance costs?

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Likely as FL S3 is better performance, more economical and similar size (and imo look better).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an old airfield where I work, years back a guy asked if he could use it to come to work in his microlight aircraft, as it would greatly reduce his 1.5 hour drive time each way, they said no!
Really ? how come? no traffic up in the air : )

Really ? how come? no traffic up in the air : )
Think they said no because of insurance rules as it's on their land. He used to live closer, but he bought a small B&B on Anglesey for when he retired, it was years back when you could go at 50 with a full pension. I wish that rule had stayed, I'm 50 now and have done 25 years in there :(