Rim troubles

Jemster

Reaction score
Has anybody here had difficulty with the 19” rims on the Black Edition Plus? Not the rotor design.. the other ones :)

I had a Michelin PS3 fitted a couple of months back and the tyre place had massive difficulties getting the tyre to seat. Took me to leave the car with them for a couple of hours to get it sorted.

I’m currently sitting in a Kwik Fit having the rears done and they have run into the same problem. Been here 90 minutes and they are still on the first one.

What is going on?? Two fitters with the same problem. Massively poor rim design by the looks of things. Just interested in whether others have run into the same issues. May call Audi but I’m sure they will deny any design fault here.

Nobody? Hmm strange. If it was a 1-off I could've blamed the fitter but 3 out of 3 seems to indicate something is wrong. Total time to change 2 tyres was 2hr and 45minutes!

Has nobody had tyres replaced on these rims, or did it all go smoothly for you? Picture of the wheel style I'm talking about attached...

Attachments

• a4_saloon_wheel.jpg
    a4_saloon_wheel.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 86