Riko’s Nardo RS3 Sportback

Riko0073

just a few photo’s at collection today, some better ones to follow...

37A98212-DD19-49DD-B311-E809711BA8A5.jpeg

0503D846-8D00-49CC-9C9C-0E93349F0D07.jpeg

AA0FA08F-028A-4E45-B0AA-6A40F7FAE706.jpeg

jimojameso

Section Mod
Very nice! :)

HOGG

Technically you still do actually.
It's all about mechanical sympathy.
Heat cycles and such.

Anyway, enjoy the car mate.
Looks a cracker
All done in the factory now. Every engine does hours of heat cycles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Madmo

Looks great buddy enjoy

Im still grining from ear to ear with mines and its 3 weeks old lol

Dynamic mode on twisty roads using the paddles is out of this world experience absolutely love it

I dont care it only gets about 4 lamp posts to the gallon its fun hahaha

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
Stunning RS3. Enjoy :yes:

Riko0073

Looks great buddy enjoy

Im still grining from ear to ear with mines and its 3 weeks old lol

Dynamic mode on twisty roads using the paddles is out of this world experience absolutely love it

I dont care it only gets about 4 lamp posts to the gallon its fun hahaha
Thanks mate, it’s an amazing car, absolutely loving it!

Was worried if it was the right move from the S4 but it definitely was, massive grin on my face and it’s an absolute weapon.

Glad you’re enjoying yours :icon thumright:

zippster

Thanks mate, it’s an amazing car, absolutely loving it!

Was worried if it was the right move from the S4 but it definitely was, massive grin on my face and it’s an absolute weapon.

Glad you’re enjoying yours :icon thumright:

I made the same move, I went from a 2017 S4 avant to a 2018 Rs3 saloon.. no regrets (although I missed the massage seats :):))

enjoy the car they are EPIC!

Slowracer

Welcome to club nardo, the only place to be. :) you picked the best colour, IMO ofcourse. Enjoy!

Many claim that driving the card hard during run in reduces oil consumption, and Audi’s do like to drink oil.

I just notice that You guys have big number plates in the UK. Here in Oz you can order low profile ones.

DC36AF5F-8AA6-4CCC-B2D9-4B086EF743D7.jpeg

Riko0073

Welcome to club nardo, the only place to be. :) you picked the best colour, IMO ofcourse. Enjoy!

Many claim that driving the card hard during run in reduces oil consumption, and Audi’s do like to drink oil.

I just notice that You guys have big number plates in the UK. Here in Oz you can order low profile ones.

View attachment 190029
Yes over the moon with Nardo, looks amazing and getting plenty of compliments already.

Booked in for ceramic coating in a couple of weeks to help protect the paintwork and ease of maintenance.

Small number plate looks cool buddy.

NevMan

Well known member
Very nice mate :icon thumright:

Gary_LB

Very nice car you have purchased for yourself there! Enjoy!

E

EVO855

All done in the factory now. Every engine does hours of heat cycles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Working at a dealership getting my hands dirty, i can certainly say they aren't run in from the factory at all.

The build tolerances are much better these days yes, however you still need to have a modicum of mechanical sympathy during the first 1000 miles.

Letting the oil temp get to 80+ deg C before working it and letting the engine idle for a few minutes before switching off after a spirited run is good practice.

E

EVO855

Maybe so.
But a car doesn't just consist of only an engine
There are suspension, gearbox , exhaust, etc that benefit from breaking things in slowly.
Even tyres

This ^^^^^^

So many people have no understanding of how many components need to settle in / adapt to being used.

Slowracer

I’ve had quite a few DCT cars and notice that it’s the transmission that takes a long time to warm up, I’ve had temp gauges on previous cars. Depending on ambient it typically took 10-15 mins of driving and I’m in a warm climate,

Given I live inner city and my typical trip is less than 15 mins, so I need to keep this in mind when thrashing the car.

DW81

I’ve had quite a few DCT cars and notice that it’s the transmission that takes a long time to warm up, I’ve had temp gauges on previous cars. Depending on ambient it typically took 10-15 mins of driving and I’m in a warm climate,

Given I live inner city and my typical trip is less than 15 mins, so I need to keep this in mind when thrashing the car.

That’s food for thought, I thought it got warm just as quick as the engine oil, something to take on board.

Ja5on

Great looking car mate. Enjoy

NevMan

Well known member

Riko0073

What sort of cost pal
Depends where you live I guess, I’m in Norfolk and cost is usually £390 with the detailer I use but got a bit cheaper as a repeat customer.

If you’re anywhere near Norfolk I can recommend my guy 100%, he does all sorts and had a beautiful new Mclaren in for coating when I dropped off the RS3.

Depends where you live I guess, I’m in Norfolk and cost is usually £390 with the detailer I use but got a bit cheaper as a repeat customer.

If you’re anywhere near Norfolk I can recommend my guy 100%, he does all sorts and had a beautiful new Mclaren in for coating when I dropped off the RS3.
Hi pal am In Wigan.been quoted 475 full clay polish and ceramic coated not to bad going off what you paid cheers