Right then chaps, I think it is time for a concise wheel fitment guide.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As many of you may know, I myself along with many, many other members have had our fare share of fitment issues with replacement alloys, and I must say they are not just OEM fitment either, it applies to aftermarket alloys aswell.
I have noticed recently an increasing number of A4 B7 owners wanting to change their alloys, but are not sure which alloys to choose and also what sizes / fitment parameters they need to consider before making that very personal and also very expensive purchase.

There are a lot of threads on this B7 specific section regarding the subject, wether it be offset questions or sizing / fitment questions, sometimes a general search may not bring up the results one may be hoping for, also many members/user may not relise all these questions and guides are actually in the FAQ section.
What I am hoping to do over the next days etc and with the help of others who are well versed on the subject is this.
Compile a comprehensive and concise user guide for A4 B7 owners to help clarify this , what can be a potentially difficult and confusing subject.
I am hoping the guide will contain all the information any potential wheel changer will need before going forth and changing there alloys.

This information would discuss and clarify, Wheel offsets and PCD differences , Sizing and rimstyles , fitment issues specific to B7 chassis etc.
As many will know there any numeruous wheel fitment program that you enter you data and it compares it to another set of data figures and they work very well, but and it is a big but , they are a generic program and make no allowance for differences in rim lip width etc and wether the rim is dished heavily, concave or convex and very few will factor in wheel arch clearance and possible contact with other item in the wheel arch area, so thus clarifying this area specifically towards the B7 chassis.
Brakes are also an important consideration and what type / size you have fitted as this will also come into play with specific shape/style rims ( as many of us will know , myself included).

Hopefully by covering the main issues and with all the model/chassis specific information less of us will be at a loss on what is required, it may also help in that it will be a one stop source rather than having to search through many other threads and sources to arrive at a conclusion etc and maybe not actually find the right answer anyway.

I will be hoping to combine the best of the data from the FAQ thread plus first hand knowledge from exsisting user/member and any other info from sources that will be specific to the B7 chassis fitment.

Well that's the plan, i'm no expert on the subject , far from it, there are a lot of others in the section there are very knowledgeable on it with first hand experience of what works and what wont, so with there help and a lot of info work we may end up with something that everyone can use and learn from, myself included.

rather than make the guide an endless thread and to keep it on topic as a guide, if anyone has info or thread details that I can use and they want used in it as a reference , it can be added at source into the guide.

replies to the guide will be good as anyfeedback is good but if it can be keep with the topic that maybe the best plan.

Well that's probably enough to be getting on with, i'll try and get it started over the next few days , but I have work commitments aswell so i'll have to fit it in with that, anyone with info that they want added just pm me and we can get it sorted.

there you go, something to lookout for , and it may actually work.....feel free to reply to this thread with comments and any info that can be added to the guide , to be honest all info will be greatfully received along with any other suggestions, but the actual guide I am suggesting should be kept as a guide if possible, maybe a sticky one.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Stifler, Dani_B19, Sandra and 1 other person
Well that's my week nights mapped out now....lol , I hope it will help at least a few of us out.

Reactions: carlcall and Sandra
I like it mate, very good idea, I'll try and help out if you need any but I'm still rocking the standard 17' 5 arms haha.