Right so heres my question............and its well bugging me

holmefield

Reaction score
After 14 months of waiting to get the code changed so that my DIS finally works,( i brought a stork as mine didnt have a DIS stork fitted when new )
The display now works fine and scrolls as it should to display all the various options, the problem that i have is the low washer bottle symbol now appears and stays flashing @ the top of the DIS????

Its a 54 plate 130 TDI sport i fitted the new stork as per a forum sticky but @ the time didnt do the re-code from 30100 to 3100.

Is there anyway i can get rid of this washer bottle symbol without having to switch off the DIS again...

Cheers all.................

Only way of getting rid of this is to earth one of the connectors for the instrument binnacle or fit the low washer fluid sensor and wire it in (which is what most people do)...

Search the forum as I am sure there is a guide to this somewhere.....

I did have a photo, but it's a case of taking the dash out, earthing a wire and popping it all back together.

Only way of getting rid of this is to earth one of the connectors for the instrument binnacle or fit the low washer fluid sensor and wire it in (which is what most people do)...

Search the forum as I am sure there is a guide to this somewhere.....

What so you have to wire the low washer sensor into the dashboard???? of the two options mentioned above which is the easyer one to do, as im ok with basic electrics ( i wired in my IPOD connecter ) but thats about it.

Taking the dash out seems a bit extreme that would be a massive job...

Noo when i said dash, i meant the cluster.
Above the steering column cover there's a cover, pull this off and there are 2 torx screws down there. Unscrew and the unit will pull from the dash. If i remember rightly its on the blue connector number 1 pin. Put a wire in and put it to an earth.

as above its a half hour job

Wiring in the sensor is a piece of ****, wheel arch liner out, glove box out, drivers lower dash trim out, couple of wires from audi to match the connectors either end and then make up a 2 wire loom......... run it in and bob's your uncle, couple of hours tops....

Noo when i said dash, i meant the cluster.
Above the steering column cover there's a cover, pull this off and there are 2 torx screws down there. Unscrew and the unit will pull from the dash. If i remember rightly its on the blue connector number 1 pin. Put a wire in and put it to an earth.

Right so what your saying is run two wires through the bulk head from the washer bottle and connect it upto the blue connecter pin number one? which is located above the steering wheel between the steering wheel and the dash clocks, and earth the second wire to somewhere near the dash?

Is this a common problem then? when retro fitting DIS ???

well i wouldnt call it a problem
you aint got it you need to fit it
thats why its a retrofit

Put it this way, i didn't bother fitting the level warning.

theres 2 posts above telling you how to wire to earth to get the warning off without fitting the sensor
earth pin 1 in blue connector behind the dash

theres 2 posts above telling you how to wire to earth to get the warning off without fitting the sensor
earth pin 1 in blue connector behind the dash

ERR oooookkkkk, i was only asking, unlike some i dont and as i stated electrics arn't 100% my thing, im just making sure i've got everything right before i start pulling bits off my car. Not all of us on here understand Audis inside out which is why i TRY to get as much info as poss..

I just earthed out the pin as mentioned above , worked a treat, with no probs,

Please enlighten me, are you saying you live with this on the dash or have you disconnected the sensor on the washer bottle????
I'm the same as you bud, i don't have the level sensor fitted and upgraded to full dis so had the warning. Couple of posts up I tell you (very basically mind) how to cancel the low washer warning.