Ride height query

rickz09

Reaction score
Hi people, we bought an a3 back in June which has been lowered on apex springs/stock shocks. I have read the springs actually lower the ride height all around at 35mm, however the rear looks considerably lower. Does anybody know what modification or how this has occurred without adjustable suspension?

Many thanks guys

Rich

First thing.. have you parked it on a hill?.. lol

Incorrect fitting perhaps? Is the difference really quite noticeable? Maybe pics would help..
Did you buy the kit yourself or did someone order this in for you? Could be as simple as different height springs used if not ordered in a kit.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Lower than the front or lower than 35mm ?

Can you measure from the top of the wheel rim to the the top of the wheel arch with a flexible tape and compare dimensions when on flat ground and with no luggage also make sure tyre are at correct pressures - also same size front and rear ? Check to make sure you don't have a broken Spring coil I guess you'd have a clunk if this were the case.

c6fdd0976ad8a3467cf4f6744d70375a.jpg
f36aaad1d514782c55033b59c74299b7.jpg

Not the best pics but it's all I have ATM. Basically I can get my entire hand through at the front, but the rear is level with the tyre. Springs are all good, new, no signs of damage. It looks like I've got people in the back basically.

From past experience of lowering cars on springs, it's always been level if not slightly nose heavy..

Do these cars have a torsion beam?

Ooo ar that don't look right - mine looks the same at the front. I have Eibachs fitted to mine search for mag ride plus Eibach Sportline threads for pics.

Don't know anything more technical than that on suspension I'm afraid hopefully someone will come on soon and help but defo looks like the springs are not a matched set to me.