Ride and suspension

alinghi9

Reaction score
Hi

I upgraded my car with an Eibach Pro kit about 6 months ago, but I still feel as though the ride on the car isn't as smooth, feel as though sometimes I am sitting in a salt shaker when driving over some relatively uneven ground. I maintained having the S line shocks on the car, was wondering if it would be necessary to change those to something more Pro or could it be another problem with the car and how do I go about assessing this?

thanks

I've been thinking about doing exactly the same as you have done as we have the same model of car.

When you say the ride isn't smooth, was the change to Eibachs a noticable improvement?

Got any pics to see how the car sits on the new springs?

in response to the first question.

yeah i would say there was a difference to begin with the car was slightly lowered but to the naked eye it was minimal as it was something of 5mm.

what i mean is that when going over roads that have slight undulations or they are fairly uneven you definitely notice the road. have also noticed recently that I do tend to get feedback from the steering wheel.

damian if i remember correctly have done about 15,000 on the clock.

Its just the s line suspension - throw it into corners and it will stay pretty flat but for everyday, they were a bit on the firm side!

guess that is fairly true, what would be the solution?

Its just the s line suspension - throw it into corners and it will stay pretty flat but for everyday, they were a bit on the firm side!

I've heard a lot of people complaining that the s-line suspension is firm. My neighbour had a s-line a4 and complained of the same. How does the s-line suspension compare to an stock\non-mag S3 or SE? I would imagine the SE being a slighty softer ride but not sure about how stiff it is compared to an S3...

Simply curious...

KKP

My take on the S Line suspension stuff is it's ******' awful. Hard as being dragged down the road on a shovel, but with minimal handling benefits. This is one case where you're far better off with aftermarket stuff I reckon

*edit* reading the post above, I'm on about 50k miles, so perhaps I'm being unfair.
I always remember it being ****** stiff though!

The Koni FSD`s do tend to make the ride quality better
We had these on a brand new MK5 Golf , and it got rid of the crashiness (not a word , but it should be)
May be worth having a lokk for something like that?
Sarah

so with mine only having done 15K would it be worth looking in to some new dampers or just ride it out for another 30K

Koni?
H&R?

what would the recommendations?

I'd look into kits that make options easy to understand and easier to apply. A friend bought a Cusco for his EvoX and has the ability to change settings from a screen in the car. You don't have to be a rocket scientist either. These are functions I would like for a new suspension. Anything similar for the A3/S3?

yeah . . . . I can see what you're after bud' . . . You is after one of those bouncing american cars like out of a snoop dog song from the early years :)