RHD Dead Pedal

JohnS3

Reaction score
As per the thread title, OSIR have a right hand drive dead pedal to match the S3 pedal set. It costs $170 from parts4euro.com

90072a.jpg

Judging by the reflections it looks to me like it covers both the side and face.

Looks good though!

would be perfect if it wasnt for those huge butt ugly screws!

Im normally one for buying little things like this at certain silly prices, but I cant justify £99 for what is just a small piece of steel with 3 huge ugly bolts. IMO that is way over-priced, and its not even an Audi part!

I have been waiting for one of these for ages but that is far too much and as Marc has stated the LHD one is only £30!

Are they still saying that "safety" is the main concern for not producing a RHD dead pedal?

Joke IMO!

That's what I would like the know but if my memory serves me correctly this was the excuse I was given when asking about it - I laughed!

"oops, I slipped off my dead pedal" sounds very dangerous

Actually, "my dead pedal is now alive and I'm fcuked! Help me!"

rumour has it that if you fit a shiney nice looking RHD dead pedal it slices your toes off one by one once you go over the legal speed limit. :jester:

Well that exlpains it then, i knew there had to be a logical answer.

is the orginaly plastic one easy to replace? i've had my car in and out of garages just lately and all those ham-fisted (or is that footed) mechanics have gone out of their way it seems to make a right mess of the face - wondering if its just an easy swap out piece of plastic thats relatively cheap to replace.

cheers

does the cap break when you pull it off then?

no, but if you are replacing the dead pedal bit because the old one is all tatty then chances are the cap will be slightly the worse for wear too. if that's the case then you'll end up with a shiny new dead pedal and a dirty cap that will look out of place.

easy to change presumably the round cover at the back hides the fixing? any other fixings you know of?