RHD and LHD Sideview mirror differences?

Stearless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone confirm if the mirrors and mirror caps are same for both LHD and RHD cars? The only difference being the mount? Or is there a difference in other parts as well? I bought a mirror from UK couple months ago since I couldn't find a LHD one, and now one has pop up but not in the color of my car, would I be able to use the mirror and the mirror cap from UK variant on LHD variant, changing only the mount?

Bases are different, as is the glass, caps are the same but can vary throughout years.

Glass differs by angle depending on the view required lhs/rhd driver/passenger, convex/flat/wide angle etc

If you need one for your car, private message me your VIN and I can get the correct part number for your specific vehicle.

If you need one for your car, private message me your VIN and I can get the correct part number for your specific vehicle.
Hmm, I don't see an option to send you a PM, but I need it for a car with left side steering wheel, for right (passenger) mirror. And I already know what the number was for my broken mirror, it's 4FO 857 536 AE, but none of the mirrors I found have the same code, and I was just wondering if that means EU and UK mirrors are same? Also it appears my old mirror was not anti dazzle, but it sure seemed like so, I notice big difference on my A3 versus my Astra H which is surely not anti-dazzle