Revo

E15

Reaction score
So as another couple of guys on here have recommended Revo for a stage 1 map, I went to Donington yesterday to visit Revo at the VAG Tuners event.

The guys on the stand were professional and knowledgeable and said that there was a 10% discount available if I registered with them. So I did.
Today I recieved my discount voucher which states that I have to book my car in before 05-08, something I cannot do as I have a previous medical appointment in Sweden so I explained my situation and asked Revo if they would extend the date until I came back as I would then know my movements over the next 6 weeks.

I was told that the date is fixed, 'so you need to get the software loaded by that date' and that it is a, 'solid date so don't miss the oppurtunity'.

After I had mentioned that I thought Revo were not being very flexible I was then told that, 'under normal circumstances', a month would be ample time to get the car upgraded.

My circumstances are anything but normal so I have informed Revo that I will not be buying their product as I felt the guys attempt to pressurise me into making an appointment was unprofessional.

Weird ain't it?
Sunday the guys at the event were brilliant and then on Monday a guy in the office is as helpful as a kick in the nads..

Shame that as the local Revo installers are only 6 miles from me and I get on really well with them.....

Reactions: T-800
So now they'll get 100% of nothing vs 90% of something :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, DW81, T-800 and 1 other person
If you want to share your code I'll take it! I'm due before the 5th. I know it's terrible trying to benefit from your situation but otherwise it will go to waste..

Reactions: Jonnyrs3
Toshers.

I don't have an issue with that but there is no code visible and the cert has my name on it..

Let me know if it's still any good to you.

I would be very tempted to try and arrange it by hook, or by crook. It’s a seriously good product. There is bound to be a Revo dealer who can accommodate you.

Reactions: E15
I would be very tempted to try and arrange it by hook, or by crook. It’s a seriously good product. There is bound to be a Revo dealer who can accommodate you.

The thing is, I might have been able to make the date it was just in case I missed it because of this trip.. I just wanted another date, maybe a couple of weeks later, so I could use the cert if all was ok.

Sounds like you should hang onto it just in case things change and you could make it.

The thing is, I might have been able to make the date it was just in case I missed it because of this trip.. I just wanted another date, maybe a couple of weeks later, so I could use the cert if all was ok.

I’ve had mine done within the last few weeks and it’s worth making the effort to have it done at the full price, let alone if you’ve negotiated 10% off the £720.

I’ve had mine done within the last few weeks and it’s worth making the effort to have it done at the full price, let alone if you’ve negotiated 10% off the £720.
Yep, I can understand that.
You're another person singing their praises and I had made my mind up so it's not about me making an effort as there was no effort required, I'd made my mind up already, I just don't like suits treating me like they're doing me a favour as I'm not hard up for 60 quid. The bloke just rubbed me up the wrong way I guess.

Could you pay a deposit now with the balance on completion, this would show your commitment and secure the price

Reactions: FBF01 and Toshers
You're another person singing their praises and I had made my mind up so it's not about me making an effort as there was no effort required, I'd made my mind up already, I just don't like suits treating me like they're doing me a favour as I'm not hard up for 60 quid. The bloke just rubbed me up the wrong way I guess.
Who did you deal with out of interest? Feel free to PM me if you like. I know them well.

I completely get that and I would be the last person to try & justify crap customer service. Many of the guys who install Revo software are real enthusiasts. If I had to deal with the suits again I would tell them to stuff it but if you can use the voucher at a local installer I would still say crack on. I seriously doubt you will be disappointed.

Who did you deal with out of interest? Feel free to PM me if you like. I know them well.
Thanks D0C.
Steve Worthington, UK and Europe Sales Manager.
He's just sent an email which has prompted a reply from me suggesting that he should take a course in customer relationships as he comes across as very inexperienced and unprofessional.
Shame really as the local Revo guys are sound but this div don't seem to care about what image he is projecting for himself and Revo ..

We’re a REVO agent, and I’d be happy to give you 10% discount , flexible to your dates

Reactions: S., dc911, billymc92 and 4 others
We’re a REVO agent, and I’d be happy to give you 10% discount , flexible to your dates
Thanks Oli.. That's more like it.
Whereabouts are you please?

Hi mate.

Strange this is the attitude you got. I have a very good relationship with there Marketing Manager and if your serious about having there Software installed I am happy to interject and help arrange a date that suits you.
If that’s something that you’d be interested in pm me and I’ll speak to him.

Thanks everyone for the offers as it is something I want doing so I'm gonna speak to my local installer to see if they are a bit more flexible plus hopefully, I'll have positive news next week.

We're in Bognor Regis. Im sure if you speak to your local REVO agent they will play ball.

To be fair to REVO, they are usually very transparent about their two week offer, and don't extend it. We've had this before, with a customer that couldn't make it, and just offer it at dealer level (ie make 10% less).

I hope you get it sorted one way or another and once you have the software, Im sure you'll be blown away!

Reactions: FBF01, Callump01, Callum66 and 1 other person
We're in Bognor Regis. Im sure if you speak to your local REVO agent they will play ball.

To be fair to REVO, they are usually very transparent about their two week offer, and don't extend it. We've had this before, with a customer that couldn't make it, and just offer it at dealer level (ie make 10% less).

I hope you get it sorted one way or another and once you have the software, Im sure you'll be blown away!
Thanks bud, appreciated...

Think I got 20% off at Edition 38 if you plan on attending that later in the year. Got it done there and then too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: E15 and Tristan2
That’s the spirit folks op getting the problem solved and everyone chipping in. Definitley staying on this forum now

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Right.

Just spoke to the local Revo dude who will map the car as and when for the discount
Like I said, I'm not hard up for 60 quid but the suit at Revo just peed me off and it became a principal thing.

So here's hoping the Swedish trip is successful so I can get this thing done.

It should be worth waiting for..

Reactions: Dan_DJT, Deep penetrator and Rob2k68
I’m having the Decat DP and springs fitted tomorrow at CLP in Sheffield, can’t wait

Downpipe is going to make such a difference to the noise of this thing, can’t wait to hear what you make of it. Keen to see photos of springs also, even though I’m having mine fitted on Thursday ha.

Reactions: Marshy and Deep penetrator
Cars going into the Dealership next Tuesday as the air con isn’t working, the cars being flashed back to stock beforehand but will Audi automatically search for a remap or would they only do that if they thought it was related??

Cars going into the Dealership next Tuesday as the air con isn’t working, the cars being flashed back to stock beforehand but will Audi automatically search for a remap or would they only do that if they thought it was related??

I was told by my local dealer that Audi only look for a map if they have reason to believe it's caused the problem bud, the dealer doesn't check is as standard, they said Audi UK ask for the search if something is iffy. That's what I was told.

The thing is, would they hook it up to check for any updates/recalls etc which automatically interrogates the information off the car?

Can't say for sure but I'd heard (I'm VW rather than Audi but v. similar systems) as soon as they hook it up (irrespective of if they're actually looking for a map/warranty getout clause) it uploads all the info from the car (including any TD1 flags etc) to the garage computers and off to Audi it goes.

Why even bother flashing it back? Its not stock anyway its Revo's version of stock, so similar power to stock but their settings. Once youve flashed an ECU outside of Audi framework the original software has gone. Remappers risk.

The only advantage of flashing it back is similar performance.

Audi wont be looking at anything other than your air conditioning I wouldnt have thought. You cant go back to the tuners for every warranty/service visit

Isnt the Revo map switchable anyway somehow?

Why even bother flashing it back? Its not stock anyway its Revo's version of stock, so similar power to stock but their settings. Once youve flashed an ECU outside of Audi framework the original software has gone. Remappers risk.

The only advantage of flashing it back is similar performance.

Audi wont be looking at anything other than your air conditioning I wouldnt have thought. You cant go back to the tuners for every warranty/service visit

Isnt the Revo map switchable anyway somehow?

It is switchable if you’ve purchased the SPS obd dongle thingy,
I can go back to the tuners as often as I want mate lol as it’s free to flash, but I get what your saying. Also I’ve considered not bothering but it’s that little warm n fuzzy it gives thinking your

Reactions: Behind The Bins
It is switchable if you’ve purchased the SPS obd dongle thingy,
I can go back to the tuners as often as I want mate lol as it’s free to flash, but I get what your saying. Also I’ve considered not bothering but it’s that little warm n fuzzy it gives thinking your
Good luck
I’m confident you’ll be fine
The Audi technicians, and I use that term loosely, will be more interested in their productivity bonus than whether or not your car is mapped

Obviously don’t let them wash your car

Reactions: Deep penetrator and Terminator x
The thing is, would they hook it up to check for any updates/recalls etc which automatically interrogates the information off the car?

Can't say for sure but I'd heard (I'm VW rather than Audi but v. similar systems) as soon as they hook it up (irrespective of if they're actually looking for a map/warranty getout clause) it uploads all the info from the car (including any TD1 flags etc) to the garage computers and off to Audi it goes.
TD1 flag is a manual thing afaik, the computer does not flag as TD1. Audi have to be suspicious and then add a flag.

TX.

TD1 flag is a manual thing afaik, the computer does not flag as TD1. Audi have to be suspicious and then add a flag.

TX.

Correct TX

Odis will carry out a ‘suspicion’ check if it’s hooked up to the mothership and the car.

Odis can be used in offline mode also.

If there are suspicions found or the tech spots anything untoward on the car then a TD1 marker can be applied by the dealer against the car.

So can any of you recommend a “friendly Audi Dealership”???

I have a great relationship with my BMW dealership and they didn’t bat an eyelid with all the mods on that. I guess it really depends on how much of a **** someone wants to be!

So can any of you recommend a “friendly Audi Dealership”???

I have a great relationship with my BMW dealership and they didn’t bat an eyelid with all the mods on that. I guess it really depends on how much of a **** someone wants to be!
Sorry I don’t like any of them and they don’t like me
Hahahaha

Reactions: Deep penetrator and billymc92
Just flashed one RS3 Revo 1+ with milltek nonresonated and cat. Sound is better than my decat with audisport catback.

Will let u hear sound soon

Reactions: 3SR, billymc92 and D0C
Revo stage 1 going on tomorrow, can't wait! :racer:

Reactions: E15, Deep penetrator and Kristijan Sabljar